Whats "ON Arrival Accommodation"?

Guest Bather's

Guest Bather's

Hi all

I have just read something about "ON Arrival Accommodation", can anyone give me some more information on this as i have never heard of this before:err:

Thank you

Danielle

Guest kangomik

OAA, you have a chance to apply for on certain visa's.

If you can get it take it......, They are not the ritz, but will have everything you need. They are a base, a very cheap base to set up from. You can have OAA for up to 12 weeks.

They are usually located close to everything you need.

The bad news? Well you only find out 3 weeks befre arriving if you have it...... ours was 7 days maybe 10 at most. You will have some colourfull neighbours, but take time to get to know them.

You will not love it when your in it, but weeks after you will realise what a break it gave you.

Guest Bather's

Thank you for this, i have just typed it into goggle and it looks like we are elligable for this, i have asked for some more info. and will get my application in soon.

Guest kangomik

Thats great news, just apply cross everything and you may get a place..... it used to be 75% over subscribed when we got it. But immigration has eased since then (last 2 years) so the hit rate should be better.

Guest cenzo

Hi Guys, thanks for posting this, I was considering doing this.

I am aware the accomodation is basic enough, but tbh I can manage that as I am arriving ahead of my family to get set up first. As I will be on my own, does anybody know if this might present a problem. I know these units are really for families.

Whats the cost ratio with regular renting.

Thanks Cenzo

Thats great news, just apply cross everything and you may get a place..... it used to be 75% over subscribed when we got it. But immigration has eased since then (last 2 years) so the hit rate should be better.

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi

We had OAA when we arrived in Feb, we were in North East. The area was nice and we had no trouble, neighbours were mainly elderly and we had a great park opposite which the kids loved. The house was a nice two storey, wasnt the ritz but it was a good base. There was a new kettle, toaster, iron and fans (which were great as they dont have air conditioning). The man from SA housing who brought lease agreement to sign was really nice, said not to worry if anything got broke as they got a boot full of replacement things. They will also provide a reference for future rentals if needed. We moved in on the Wednesday but our agreement didnt start until the Saturday so had a couple of days free.

We paid $216 per week for everything so it is really worth trying to apply. I know not everyone is granted it but it at least worth putting the application in.

We stayed 4 weeks but that was only because hubby got a job he applied for in the south and they wanted him to start ASAP. We would have stayed for the full 12 weeks otherwise.

Also you can apply for the Meet & Greet. Someone will pick you up from the airport and take you to your accommodation. We had to get a taxi as well which is all paid for by the service.

Good luck in your application.

Michelle