Oaklands Park - OAA property

Guest zaza

Guest zaza

Hello all,

We've just got OAA offered in Oaklands Park. Have quickly checked where it is located in relation to CBD and beaches etc. but really curious to know what the area is like.. (google maps images tell you only so much) Could anyone who is familiar to the area let us know what to expect?

Very excited to be touching down there in a couple of weeks time!

Cheers

Guest willfam

Hi,

nothing wrong with Oaklands Park. A good everyday type of suburb. It is where the marion shopping centre is. Marion is the largest shopping centre in SA. Very close to Brighton, Glenelg and Somerton beaches. There is good public transport fron the shopping centre and a train station near by. A good central area really. Will prob take 15 - 20 mins to drive to the city. Hope this helps !!!!!:wubclub:

Guest Bather's

Congratulation, on the property, its good to see aome people being approved.

we are just about to submit our application now for January.

:wubclub:Good luck with the move,

Danielle

Guest zaza

Thank you for that guys,

Great to know that it's a good central part that is handy to amenities.

We applied in February for June arrival so if you are putting in application now for January I'd think there's a pretty good chance!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nikki & john

Hi Danielle

Just in case you hadn't heard the On Arrival scheme in its current form is being shut down from the 1st July, saw a few posts on here from people who have received letters advising them of this. Not sure whether there is an awful lot of info in regard to how the scheme will work in the future. Good luck.

Nikki

Guest Bather's

Thank you for this.

I spoke to someone at the goverment last week they where confident that the scheme was only affecting the sponcership visas, however she did ask me to emailAdelaide as she was in UK for another 2 weeks working here.......

The reply i got was not great, the scheme has ben cancled however they are replacing it with something else. sounds like they are ammending it to give private rentals an opportunitie to get involved (abit like the choice based lettings scheme in the uk).

Only time will tell what happens next though!!

The lady from the government has said she will contact me when she gets back to Adelaide, so i will let everyone know as soon as i know anything.