Help Needed!!!

Guest Janine3979

Guest Janine3979

Hi everyone,

I know it's a long shot but thought we'd just ask.

We are trying to secure a rental in the Sheidow Park area for our arrival on 22nd June and they need someone to view the property on our behalf.

Just wondered if anyone would be willing to do this for us, we would be happy to take on the lease without a viewing but it is their policy to have a viewing.

My brother-in-law lives in Brisbane and I could ask him to fly down to do it but it's a long way and a lot of money just to view a house.

Please PM me if there is anyone that can do this.

Guest shella_n

Hi

Sorry I cant help you but just wanted to say HI as we are planning on going to the Sheidow Park area and land on 16th June so just a few days before you.

Still trying to sort out temp accomodation for when we arrive let along all the other things that still need to be done, including selling our cars.

NOt sure if I am excited or nervous at this point. Just feeling numb really.

Good luck with the move.:wubclub:

Michelle

Guest Janine3979

We only got our visa on 13th May then booked tickets and didn't realize you had to apply for on arrival accomodation 6 weeks before arrival, so decided a long term rental was propably best for us as all our furniture is ready and waiting in Adelaide.

We are the same too have a long list of things to sort before we go, just done a car boot sale with everything we weren't taking and ended up giving most of it away.

Good Luck and maybe we could meet up once we get there!

Guest shella_n
We only got our visa on 13th May then booked tickets and didn't realize you had to apply for on arrival accomodation 6 weeks before arrival, so decided a long term rental was propably best for us as all our furniture is ready and waiting in Adelaide.

We are the same too have a long list of things to sort before we go, just done a car boot sale with everything we weren't taking and ended up giving most of it away.

Good Luck and maybe we could meet up once we get there!

ha ha, yup we did exactly the same...ended up doing a car boot in the rain and gave all the stuff away. Are you on a 457 visa then? Thats what were on. Our stuff is due to get there on 26 une so we are planning on getting temp accom for about 2 weeks and in that time find somewhere perm. Not ideal as the temp accom is so expensive but hey ho.

Yup, would be great to meet up, especially if we are both in SP. Why did you chse there?

Michelle

Guest Janine3979

Had a look at the area when we were out there last year and a house that we liked came up for rent, also lots of people on here have said it's a good area for families.

Were on a 175 visa, took a long time to get it started application early 2008.

And finally we are on our way!!

Guest Janine3979

Did anyone manage to secure a rental before arrival? And how did you get round viewing it?

Any ideas would be helpful, only 3 and a bit weeks to go and starting to panic now!!

Hi everyone,

I know it's a long shot but thought we'd just ask.

We are trying to secure a rental in the Sheidow Park area for our arrival on 22nd June and they need someone to view the property on our behalf.

Just wondered if anyone would be willing to do this for us, we would be happy to take on the lease without a viewing but it is their policy to have a viewing.

My brother-in-law lives in Brisbane and I could ask him to fly down to do it but it's a long way and a lot of money just to view a house.

Please PM me if there is anyone that can do this.

We had some guys off another fiorum do a few drive bys for us to check oiut rentals...needless to say we secured one after 2 weeks of being here.....we stayed at a friends fully furnished place the first two weeks?

Did you have any takers for the viewing?

HG

Guest Janine3979

No not had any takers yet, still hoping!

The agent said everything is fine with application form and I.D. etc they just need someone to view.

Guest shella_n
:jiggy::notworthy: A very Kind person has offered to view the property for us.

Thank you so much

well done you! :notworthy:

Hopefully well see you there in a few weeks eeek!

Michelle x

Guest Janine3979

Cheers, hopefully everything will go ok with the rental, will give you a shout when we get there and get internet connection sorted.

Started to get more excited now than scared now were getting through the list of things to do!!

:)

Great stuff, we are in Sheidow Park, so give us a shout once you get here and your welcome to come round for coffee.

Guest Janine3979

Good Luck with your move I know your getting there a few days before us but if there's anything we can help you with just let us know.

Hope everything goes well, not long to go now!!:)

well done you! :notworthy:

Hopefully well see you there in a few weeks eeek!

Michelle x

Guest Janine3979

Thanks,

Hopefully everything should go ok but thanks for the offer.

:notworthy:

Just saw you request.

If your sorted great ,if not let me know I have a keen eye for things to look out for.

Good luck