• Short term rental accommodation, furnished rentals in port Noarlunga Adelaide, South Australia
    Like Tree2Likes
    • 2 Post By wijaya

Thread: looking for somewhere to start

darren alley

looking for somewhere to start

Hi All.
      I am sure this question has been asked a few times, but we are coming over in October for a reccie, we are staying in Hallett Cove(roo rentals) is this going to be a reasonable base to check things out or will we have to travel far and wide for things like schools,houses,work, or is everything within driving distance.

many thanks

87 times
      Hi there
      it depends really where you are going to look around while you are there. When we visited last April, we stayed in Sheidow Park, 5 minutes drives from Hallet Cove. I think these areas are still ocnveniently located as a suburb. If you have car, you won't have any problem because it's only about 20-30 minutes to the CBD, and Hallet Cove is a good location for all southern suburbs. If you need to go to north, or eastern suburbs, it will take longer to reach them.
      There are two train stations in HC, Hallet Cove Beach, and Hallet Cove. When we were there, HC is closed for upgrading. It takes about 30 minutes to CBD. There a shopping centre, HC which just opened a year ago, with all the big supermarkets, banks, and other shops.
      There are several schools (primary and secondary) in HC with reasonable reputations.

good luck with the journey.
      darren alley and Nige69 like this.
      Vetassess passed: 28 March 2008
      VISA 475 GRANTED: 15/05/09
      Permanent resident: Dec 2012
      Previously lived in Campbelltown, since October 2013 moved to Melbourne, but still loves Adelaide.