Morphett Vale,Port Nouralunga

Guest TREVOR

Guest TREVOR

Hi all we are hoping to move to Adelaide early next year and we are looking for info on the areas around Morphett Vale and Port Nouralunga region

We have done some exhausting research on the net but this doesn't compare with the hard facts.

We have a young girl aged 9 and are looking for areas that provide good schools and entertainment. Without being to far from the cost and shopping centres for my wife Vicky.

Trevor 38 Brickie

Vicki 38 Finance

Lauren 9 Likes music, wii, swimming, soccer.

Guest Tterrier81

hi trevor, i live in reynella which is a neighbouring suburb to morphett vale, i have lived here 6 years and i think its a great area, your never more than 5 mins drive to a supermarket, easy 45 minute commute to city center, 5 minutes drive to collanades shopping centre or 15 minutes drive to marion shopping centre which is a lot larger than collanades and has a few bars/restaurants and a cinema, i havent got kids but i know there are numerous schools in the morphett vale and surrounding suburbs area, there is a local soccer girls soccer team called south adelaide pink panthers which is a very well run club, and you are not more than 10 mins drive from a lovely beach, hope this has helped if theres any more questions feel free to ask

Guest Carolandcraig

Hi trevor, we live in Port Noarlunga with girls aged 5 and 10, the beach is 10 mins away, shopping center is 2 mins away and the local school is excellent, one of the weeks lessons was at the local beach, snorkelling, swimming, body baording etc you get the picture. Its a really nice place to live.

Guest Guest75

Not a bad area at all.There some streets that are not too good but you just need to take your time looking around.

Same as any area in any part of the world really.

I'm just up the hill in Onkaparinga Hills and lived around there parts for 10 years now.

:)

I can strongly recommend Woodcroft College in Morphett Vale for a school. My son goes there and I can't praise the teaching staff enough.

It is a private school but costs are nothing like you'd pay in the UK.

Morphett Vale has some very good quality/good value houses, you get a lot for your money there. There is an area of housing trust but its not on par with council estates in the UK. Location to the coast (5 to 10mins), Collanades Mall (5 mins) and Noarlunga train station (5 mins) and 35 mins to CBD makes it an all round good location to live.

Judi x

Got to agree with other posts. We live in Reynella next suburb to Morphett Vale and love it.

We built there five years ago in a new estate. There are good schools around.

Woodcroft college has a great reputation . My friends kids were schooled there one is a Lawyer and the other is the youngest doing a PHD in Chemistry.

Guest bayst

Hi Alan & Elaine, Im Chris, my wife Debbie is a third year adult nurse student, due to finish in jan/feb 2011 here in the UK. Can i ask if you know anything about the graduate nursing programmes (gnp)your hospitals run, some appear to be run direct by the hospitals some by nursing agencies, is there much difference? do you know any uk nurses (or their views) that have participated in the course, good or bad ? also my guess would be that graduate recruitment/state sponsorship from overseas for the gnp would almost non existant the way the world enonomy is, i hope im wrong.

Thanks for your time

Chris

Hello Trevor.I stayed in port Noarlunga for a few weeks and loved it. You can walk to everything that you need. The beach is really stunning and I loved to walk along the promenade. Have alook on google for the pictures. Can't say much about Morphett Vale, drive past it all the time and a mate from work lives in a housing trust house there. Don't move next to him though.

Guest jimmel
Hi trevor, we live in Port Noarlunga with girls aged 5 and 10, the beach is 10 mins away, shopping center is 2 mins away and the local school is excellent, one of the weeks lessons was at the local beach, snorkelling, swimming, body baording etc you get the picture. Its a really nice place to live.

Hi Carol and Craig

We have just returned from our reccie and spent a lot of time in Port Noarlunga. We are hoping to return for good in November. Whilst we were over we took the kids to see the local primary school and thought it was lovely. Mollie is 11 and Alfie is 10 so they would join years 7 and 6 which I understand are mixed.

Have your two settled in well ? I would be interested to hear what you think of the school now you are in.

Thanks Mel

Guest Carolandcraig

Hi Mel, we really like the school, its not as strickt as i would have like it to be but then schooling is different out here. They tend to do a lot more interacting with each other, learning the values of getting along with with everyone and trying to bring out confidence in the children. Weve been told its when they get to secondary school that they start to push them.

Our children have really settled well and probalby have more friends now than they ever did in the UK, children are actually intrested in what they have to say and like to probe about what the UK is like.

As for the years your children will go in is a different matter, my eldest had to do a few days first until they decided as they wanted to see where she was academically, but because of the schooling shed had in the UK it was clear she was well above year 4 (and probably 5 in our oppinion). If you any other questions just drop us a PM and ill be happy to help.

Craig

• 1 month later...
Guest guest3462

Both are lovely areas (but there are streets that are a little more undesireable as there is everywhere!), with lots of development and improvement going on there. We live further south at Aldinga Beach, but we do spend a lot of time in port noarlunga and Christies beach, lots of shopping, restaraunts and bars etc. I can't comment on the schools there, but I have a few friends who have their kids in various schools in the area and they are all happy.

I have 4 houses in the Christies / Port Noarlunga area. I am selling my Reynella house and moving back there next month. Many people decide to rent in the area when they leave their furnished accommodation so there's certainly a lot going for it.I would suggest getting a car and driving around the different areas as soon as you get here to get a feel for the different suburbs.

Tamara