rental, short term

Guest laurajarrett

Guest laurajarrett

Hi guy's

Sorry new to this, we arrive in Adelaide on the 6th Nov 07

We havent anywhere to stay yet can anyone recommend an area or holiday home which would be furnished.

We have three children our son aged 11, and our daughters 3 and 2

any advice would be good.

thanks

Lauraxxx

Guest Django

Hello and welcome to Poms In Adelaide,

Your question will no doubt be answered by someone 'down under' soon. I'm like you still 'up over' so can't help but thought I'd say "hi".

Pete

Guest ozzy wannabe

weve booked into a lovely holiday home for a few weeks when we arrive in march I would be happy to pass on the details if you pm me? Its in the woodcroft area, I think that it belongs to another expat family.

Ozzy wannabe

Guest guest569
just a word of warning for people using short term rentals (not all) please check the exchange rates as the pounds and dollars dont always match up.

:nah:

Yes Tracy it is wise advice to check out rates and also compare prices of different companies( in rentals and vehicles ).:idea:

Also a warning to others , be careful what personal info you give out to " good friends ". They may be quick to repeat your info with " new friends " when they've moved on.:D

Yes Tracy it is wise advice to check out rates and also compare prices of different companies( in rentals and vehicles ).:idea:

Also a warning to others , be careful what personal info you give out to " good friends ". They may be quick to repeat your info with " new friends " when they've moved on.:D

Have to agree with you there...........:D:notworthy:

Guest piersabc

Hi Laura

If you are quick you can apply for on arrival accomodation. You need to apply at least 6 weeks before you arrive and the government will try to house you at subsidised rates. We are in OAA currently and have a small two bed house (although you can specify what you want) and we only pay $150 a week all inclusive of bills. You have 12 weeks to stay in the accommodation before you must find somewhere else. Cant remember the web site off hand but if you want the link i should be able find it.

Good Luck

Colette & Piers

Guest Django

Have to agree with you there...........:D:notworthy:

Can you stop with this petty bitching as its really getting on my tits. You may have a problem with someone but I and the rest of the forum don't want to keep reading about it. If you can't say anything constructive then don't say anything at all. Nuff said.

Pete

Thank you for clearing that up for me Django I had thought it was warning people about some of the rentals on Adelaidebound the way it was worded.I now know it wasn't but a dig at someone else.

Guest guest569
Thank you for clearing that up for me Django I had thought it was warning people about some of the rentals on Adelaidebound the way it was worded.I now know it wasn't but a dig at someone else.

Not a dig at anyone ( ask Tyke , Lisa OR Tracy ) Just completely agreeing with the post that it is best to shop around before parting with your hard earned sterling.

Just for the record i am nothing to do with the recent fall outs on this or any other forum.:nah:

Guest Guest75
Not a dig at anyone ( ask Tyke , Lisa OR Tracy ) Just completely agreeing with the post that it is best to shop around before parting with your hard earned sterling.

Just for the record i am nothing to do with the recent fall outs on this or any other forum.:nah:

I'll just second that Passionate Pom has kept out of things.

It is best to shop around :)