• Short term rental accommodation, furnished rentals in port Noarlunga Adelaide, South Australia
    Like Tree2Likes
    • 1 Post By csobrien1966
    • 1 Post By Damms

Thread: Pitfalls of breaking lease

Question Pitfalls of breaking lease

Looking for advice:
      I'm renting a fully-furnished place in Moana. It's a 6-month lease - I've done 2.
      With no references & no furniture it was a good option, and it's lovely, but the rent is $325/week which leaves me s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d!

Now there's some unfurnished properties listed closer to $200 -the extra $100 a week may help offset fees and moving costs, and I wouldn't have to gamble on what's available when my lease ends in October.

I know I'd have to pay rent & advertising fees if I break the lease. I was wondering if anyone had experience:

1. trying to get a reference from the agents you're planning to break lease from and
      2. any other good ideas??

Thanks in advance!

130 times
      You could get someone to take over the rest of your lease

this would still need to be cleared by the agent/landlord.

If they are ok about it, someone on here might take it on.
      Flowers likes this.
      ANGELA,CHRIS IN REAL ESTATE,CONOR 15 going on 22 and SHEA 8 going on 15.
      'A new way to do business'

Moana SA
      101 times
      We broke a lease recently to move into our current home. you are liable for the rental and part of the re-advertising costs until it is re rented but rentals are in such demand that it was rented out the day after we moved out this link will help you find out the costs involved. http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/assets/files/e_bulletin_2.pdf

Hope it helps
      Flowers likes this.

We are looking for a furnished rental at the beginning of September, would maybe be interested in taking over the lease

Post Update...

I've put in an offer on a house to buy.
      So, if it all goes ahead, settlement date wound be roughly 6 weeks - and then a similar period of lease left(til end October).
      I know if someone were to take over the lease they'd have to be approved by Real Estate agent (McMahon). And I'll be liable for advertising & lost revenue. Thanks, that was a great link.

I'm giving Landlord notice as soon as I have contract in my hand, so if you know anyone interested please feel free to post / PM.

Phew. Exciting! :o

We might be interested in taking over your place in Moana.

I'll send a PM with my email address for any additional details that you can let us have