Looking for accommodation over New Year

Guest jessica_svr

Guest jessica_svr

Hi Everyone,

My name is Jessica, I'm 24 from Newcastle in the UK. I arrive back in Adelaide on 28th December 2010, and I'm looking for somewhere to stay long term. (1-12 months)

Ideally I am looking at the Glenelg or Henley beach area, and would either want to rent a studio or 1-2 bedroom property, or share somewhere with others.

If anyone has any friends or contacts that you know might be able to point me in the right directions I would really appreciate the help.

Alternatively if anyone could recommend any reasonably priced hotels / apartments where I could base myself for a few weeks before I find the right property that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Jess x

Guest WhatNow?

There are several places to start including the Stayz website and www.realestate.com.au, but a word of caution, you will be arriving at the busiest time of year and right in the middle of the school holidays (which don't finish till end Jan beginning of Feb) so book as early as possible and expect to pay top prices. You could try Donna Jacobs on www.realestateowners.net.au. I know she has properties at West beach that are not too expensive and a really cheap unit at Semaphore that would be suitable for a single person. Try her anyway - she is a very useful contact who manages properties all over Adelaide.

"What Now" is quite right Christmas time will be peak time. If you don't mind sharing then "Adelaide Gumtree" is good also. I see a few ads for people wanting to share for a few weeks. If people are going away for the Christmas break you may be lucky to score a place that way too. You could also post an ad on Adelaide Gumtree saying you are coming over at Christmas time and see if you get a response. It doesn't hurt.