rental prices

Guest mandy.s

Guest mandy.s

hi there help,,,,,,

:wideeyed:i am looking for some help and advice on rental properties,

some i am looking at they are about $2000 per month and that is the cheaper ones or am i looking in the wrong place

Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au is the main "agent based" website where a lot of people find rental properties so presuming you are looking on that site. Once you get to Adelaide you can also look in the local newspaper "The Advertiser" as some private landlords list on the Saturday paper (they are not allowed to list on the realestate.com website). It really does depend on the area (which for some people is linked to where they want to send their children to school) and size of house you are after. I've noticed for example that some of the properties with a wow factor in Hallett Cove can be high but other pockets in Hallett Cove are not. There are other areas which are close by and also nice and the rent is generally cheaper like Morphett Vale, Seaford Rise and Sheidow Park. There are many others that people on PIA can advise you on. It does depend where you want to live and if you have the time to look. Depending on the time of year you want to rent there can be a lot of demand for properties so it is worth doing homework on the approximate area you want to live in before you arrive.

Guest mandy.s

Hi there,

i am looking for some advice on areas with shops and schools,

our children are 16,14,8,5

i would expect the older children will have to travel to high school, but i was looking for advice on a nice area around adelaide with school and as many shops as possible

there are so many areas around adelaide it would be a real help on some feedback about them.

when looking at the area i have to try and consider all the childrens ages as the older ones do not like to sit in with Mum and Dad any more, (just not cool)

hope some of you can help

from Mandyxx:D

I think it is always interesting to read those articles that the media write. I think the comments from underneath the article from readers says it all. One moment they say the housing market is stagnant and then the next they change their mind. It's like the story about oil prices going up because of scarcity in oil.