bond money not returned!!!

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi there, advice/opinions most welcomed!!!:arghh:

MY letting agent wants to take $285 dollars off me to re-stick the fly screens on windows down (there are 6 and they weren't ripped just came partially loose) and have an industrial oven clean. I think this pruce is extortionit!!!!

At my three second inspection (last time) I reported the fly screens had come away and she siad she'd get the landlord to fix them, which he never did and she knows this. Had he fixed them they probably wouldn't be damaged now. She also wants to charge me for one days rent cos she couldnt meet me at the time she gave, thus metting two day later (her choice not mine). Does this amount seem reasonable? I have copies of the ;lat insepction report for a backup, but she wants to meet on monday for me to sign the paperwork and I'm not happy to sign when she's ignored the fact of the fly screens not being fixed!!! Out of pirnciple if nothing else.

I'm not a happy chappy to say the least!!!!:mad:

:unsure:

Guest nikki & john

If you're not happy and disagree with the claim the agent wants to make from your bond you don't have to sign the bond refund form. They will then have to lodge this unsigned however you can also print off your own bond refund form from the OCBA website and fill it in as you see fit and send this in to OCBA, They will either have a tenancy officer try to negotiate with you both to sort it out or it will go to an RTT Hearing at which time you will both get the chance to put forward your arguement/case.

We had this scenario 10 months ago.As said go to tribunal,as some Landlords/Agents just take the pii..ss(not all though!) Anyway,you have the right to put your case to the adjudicator as much as the Landlord/Agent has,exercise your right.I did this,and am glad i did,saved me a fair amount.Some of these clowns think we are there to be taken for a ride,don't give'em the chance.:nah:

what agent?? we are north east and from the word go our agent was trying to get money out of us, lots of money, luckily we had all reciepts and bank statements kept to prove they were wrong at the end they couldn't fault the house it was a hell of a lot cleaner than it was when we moved in but they tried to sting us with an $800 water bill!!!:shocked: any way we got in touch with sa water, got loads of info and said we would gladly take it to tribunal...surprisingly they backed down, so they didn't get their xmas drinks money out of us!!!

Guest guest3462

We had a similar issiue when we left our rental. They wanted to keep the entire bond of $1500 to repaint a wall that the owner could have damaged as he moved in as we moved out. (Before the final inspection!!!)

We went to OCBA who threw his claim out and we had our money returned, we gave the fella a $200 to cover costs of if it had been us, we didnt notice it, but we were busy on moving day and could have scuffed it, he never had the wall painted.

OCBA were great and took very little time to decide once all the evidence was presented for our side.

HTH and good luck

JC

Guest cornish Busdriver

Bit of advice for anyone moving into a rental.

Before you move any items into it go round with a camera, notepad and pen.

Fully inspect the property and take pics of any marks dinks and dents and check it against the letting agencys report for the house and if there are anymore than what they have found then get a picture and write it down and go back to the agent before you move your stuff in as they can then confirm it and you wont get blamed for it when you vacate the property.

There was an oil and paint stain on the driveway, 1 cracked tile in the bathroom, a 1 inch mark on one of the walls and quiet a few weeds in the garden that the letting agency report hadnt listed so i took pics and got back to them so we could not be blamed for it.

Our letting agent and landlord were brilliant and alway fixed anything that needed doing realy quick.