Where would you not live???

Guest leemina

Guest leemina

Hi

We're looking into areas to rent in South Australia, however having never been to SA or Australia at all we're confused at where to go. I'm a nurse and hubby works in IT/manufacturing and have two children (10 & 12). We've gained state sponsorship and 176 application is now underway, just doing more research into areas at the mo. Gonna stay in a holiday rental/caravan park i think at the beginning and look around the areas that we think may be appropriate. My question is: Which areas in South Australia would you not want to live in, and why?? Also which would you like to live in/or already live in and love and why??

Thanks

Guest cornish Busdriver

You gotta look at where your gonna be working and what kind of lifestyle you want.

My missus is a theater nurse at flinders and i work at morphettville; both of us has between 20 to 30 minutes travling to and fro work from seaford each day but we dont mind it as we love the area where we live and the layed back lifestyle it gives us.

Guest Guest75

A tough question!

Work and schools normally dictate where you live.

Most people don't put a big commute on their backs again here.

Spend time looking back through the posts here where folk recommend areas.

It's like any city,most people will not talk openly about the bad areas in case they offend anyone.

To be honest there are not that many.

Once you arrive common sense will show you where not to live.

We have some industrial areas in the North.

Some of the suburbs in the south would mean a long commute if you worked in the city or north of it.

You really need to look around once you arrive to be fair to Adelaide:cute::cute:

Its a simple answer to a some what difficult question.

My answer would be the UK

Tyke, your donation was well received and it will all make a difference... Shame I can not approach other like minded people and draw in a few extra dollars for a great worthy cause..Met 3 lads of here for golf yesterday and they even threw in $150.00 and they were not bad at golf either..

Hope you catch a fee more fish next time I come out..

Having done a commute for over 2 years that takes an hour each way and on busy days, over an hour and 15 minutes...Think before you buy..

Regards

Hi

We moved here 3 years ago and started off renting in Aberfoyle Park which we thought was a good base to start life here. It is 30 mins ny car to city or there is a dirct bus which takes roughly 45 mins. It is also 10 mins from a large shopping centre and also 15 mins from nice beaches. It also has good schooling nearby.

Wait until you find out where you'll both be working first. There are some manufacturing emmployers in the north at Edinburgh Park, so you wouldn't want to be settled down in Aldinga and commuting there; and there are some around Lonsdale in the south, so you wouldn't want to be commuting over an hour to get there from somewhere in the North East, for example. Manufacturing in Australia is suffering pretty much the same as manufacturing everywhere, so if your OH wants to stay in that field, don't restrict his options by choosing a place to live first.

Guest TraceyT

Hi,

My kids are 16 & 13 & I wanted to find the best high schools and a beach suburb. After doing my homework I found Brighton Secondary & then searched for short tem accom, then long term accom within the school zone. They are strict about that & you need a 12 month contract to secure a place in the school. We are really happy with the school & love Hove, which is a stones throw from the beach. The houses are expensive though, but we didn't need to pay for private education, as the school is excellent.

Hope this has helped.

Tracey