New posters please read!!!!!!

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

If anyone has just joined and intends to place an ad - kindly DO NOT.

If you have the intention of just joining to advertise a rental and so on it is against the forum guidelines.:realmad:

There are other sites such as Gumtree for that purpose.

Active and helpful members do enjoy the facilities of this forum.!!!!!!:):):notworthy:

Please don't say in any form "I'm trying to help out new arrivals" - putting answers to questions and supporting folk on here is much more useful and meaningful!!!

Also,it pays to register and rack up a good few helpful posts!!

The forum is to offer help and advice for people moving to Adelaide, but it is not an advertising forum. If contributing members have things to sell, or are breaking a lease, then they can advertise it on the site, but it is not intended to be a source of free advertising for anyone who just joins for that purpose. Similarly we do not allow selling by proxy or selling on behalf of others.

• 8 months later...
Guest Guest75

Do I have to put this thing up in BLOODY flashing lights - every day someone comes in/joins and uses this COMMUNITY forum for free advertising!!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Do I have to put this thing up in BLOODY flashing lights - every day someone comes in/joins and uses this COMMUNITY forum for free advertising!!!!:arghh::arghh::arghh:

:err:perhaps thats because they see so many people advertise something in their signature!

Guest Adelaide_bound
:err:perhaps thats because they see so many people advertise something in their signature!

But then its quite clear from the avatar info that that person has posted a lot and therefore by any stretch of the imagination has helped people out.

Being part of a community is about passing along info about any services offered as well - 'Hmm, I need a new car - ah, I remember, Bob round the corner sells cars, I'll drop in there this weekend' or whatever - but as part of being part of that community - Bob once advised Sally down the road about the best car to buy, he doesn't sell those type, but it helped her out. Its not about Bob popping into the community with a billboard on his chest advertising his business, its about being part of the community and part of everything.

Guest Guest75

Apologies if I seem a bit tetchy but if you have to see what rubbish /spam and "just advertising" the mods have to sort out you'd prolly have an off day as well :cute::cute::cute:

Apologies if I seem a bit tetchy but if you have to see what rubbish /spam and "just advertising" the mods have to sort out you'd prolly have an off day as well :cute::cute:

Fair enough :notworthy:- you do such a good job getting rid of all the rubbish we forget how much that involves sometimes. Not surprised you have bad days - Mods are human too. Keep up the good work - we appreciate all you do;)

Guest Damien
HEAPS GOOD>>>>>falls off his chair and slowly begins to drag himself up....:eek:

HG

The slippery slope of a man of leisure mate....what beer was it this time?:P

• 1 month later...
Guest Allie Bloss

HEY tyKE - wes here - hope all is well. Im uncertain here. used to use poms all the time before emigarating and it helped heaps. Then after we arrived we continued asking some questions but more so answering others' quastions. Over the lastr year life has taken over as it does having our 4th child (4th under 4 lol) and now as she approaches 1 year I thought to advertise her things eg, cot set etc here on Poms, but everywhere is stickys and the like saying no, No, NO. Normal folk living in the local suburbs selling goods to the benefit if other like minded if surely and clearly a good thing. I can of course use other sites but POMS was my first choice as it is where i started, and where i remember getting my first break, e.g. aplace where i could at last get answers. Rules of no posts for 30 days etc seem to be bordering on...well, you know what im trying to say. Anyhow's - let me know, and if you say no, no worries :-p

Guest Guest75
HEY tyKE - wes here - hope all is well. Im uncertain here. used to use poms all the time before emigarating and it helped heaps. Then after we arrived we continued asking some questions but more so answering others' quastions. Over the lastr year life has taken over as it does having our 4th child (4th under 4 lol) and now as she approaches 1 year I thought to advertise her things eg, cot set etc here on Poms, but everywhere is stickys and the like saying no, No, NO. Normal folk living in the local suburbs selling goods to the benefit if other like minded if surely and clearly a good thing. I can of course use other sites but POMS was my first choice as it is where i started, and where i remember getting my first break, e.g. aplace where i could at last get answers. Rules of no posts for 30 days etc seem to be bordering on...well, you know what im trying to say. Anyhow's - let me know, and if you say no, no worries :-p

Hiya

No probs.

Seems a long time since I met you on the drive of our Seaford rental :cute:

Put your ads in.You are a long time poster.

Could I ask a little favour in return please????

Give us an update on how you are doing,a few tips for the newbies included.

This site does a great job but we lose so many posters once the have settled and don't need us any more.

Pretty please??????

:D:D

Not setting a precedent here - it's only because I have met you and know you are genuine.