Seaford Rise Or Not

Guest philnjulie

Guest philnjulie

Could Anyone Help,

We Have Been Here For 5 Mths Now And Are Considering Buying A House By The Coast Currently Living In Nuriootpa And Feeling A Bit Isolated. Quesions Are

Is Seaford Rise Good For Kids (5 In All) They Are Free To Roam In Nuri?

Are The Local Schools Of A Good Standard Req Kindi And Also High School Very Soon?

Does Anyone Travel Into Adelaide To Work If So How Long Does It Usually Take, Wife Works Nth Adelaide?

Any Answers And Thoughts Appreciated

Phil

Hi Phil,

I was advised just the other day that Seaford Rise is the re-named and posh part of Hallett Cove and that the schools are fine.

Go on a quick quest to check the schools out and take your kids with you to see what they think!

Try and also go at different times of the day and night, that will give you a rough idea of how many kids you see around and what they are up to.

As for travel I think it's around an hour travel time, but not 100%. Do a dummy run from Seaford Rise into the city and see how easy/difficult and how long it takes, if you are thinking seriously about this move and have concerns, I would definately try things out first to find out if it is going to be what you and your family are looking for.

You'll use a fair bit of petrol, but will be cheaper in the long run than moving and finding out it isn't what you expected.

Hope this helps.

Blimey! I'd be surprised if Seaford Rise was part of Hallett Cove, it takes at least 25 minutes to drive between the two! Well it does the way I drive anyway! I can tell you that SR is very popular with the Brits and I've not heard anything bad about the schools. Cornelia's right about the travelling time, I would imagine it would take a good 50 minutes. Try sending a pm to Sarah and Chris (likes shopping), they live in SR and can probably give you the lowdown.

Guest guest569
Blimey! I'd be surprised if Seaford Rise was part of Hallett Cove, it takes at least 25 minutes to drive between the two! Well it does the way I drive anyway! I can tell you that SR is very popular with the Brits and I've not heard anything bad about the schools. Cornelia's right about the travelling time, I would imagine it would take a good 50 minutes. Try sending a pm to Sarah and Chris (likes shopping), they live in SR and can probably give you the lowdown.

Likes shopping has only been in oz a month or two. maybe if you need advice you need to look for someone with abit more experience ???:skeptical:

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Could Anyone Help,

We Have Been Here For 5 Mths Now And Are Considering Buying A House By The Coast Currently Living In Nuriootpa And Feeling A Bit Isolated. Quesions Are

Is Seaford Rise Good For Kids (5 In All) They Are Free To Roam In Nuri?

Are The Local Schools Of A Good Standard Req Kindi And Also High School Very Soon?

Does Anyone Travel Into Adelaide To Work If So How Long Does It Usually Take, Wife Works Nth Adelaide?

Any Answers And Thoughts Appreciated

Phil

Hi,

Without wanting to appear patronising have you done a reccie down to Seaford Rise, if not why not? I guess you can only be 2 hours from where you live at the moment, take a drive down, have a look for yourselves and visit a few schools in the area, I'm sure this way you will be able to answers many of your questions and concerns for yourselves.

Again apologies if this sounds patronising,

Good luck

Guzzler

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi Phil,

I was advised just the other day that Seaford Rise is the re-named and posh part of Hallett Cove

That is one of the funniest things I have read on here.....who is your advisor and where do they live....

that is not a dig, I actually did find it funny!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hubby just said it was ajoke and I didnt get it! Oh well, I did get up at 2 am to watch the rugby.....thats my excuse!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Whoops, just thought Phil and julie if you live in Nuri now that must take close on an hour to work in the city??? So I guess living in Seaford wouldnt be too bad for travel.

Dont know first hand about the schools in Seaford can only tell you hear say....which I wont!

PM some people who have kids in schools there maybe, or go and hang out a kicking out time! Come down for a couple of days or so.

sarah

Guest guest569

Seaford Rise is the re-named and posh part of Hallett Cove

That is one of the funniest things I have read on here.....who is your advisor and where do they live....

;):D:biglaugh:

25 minutes YEAH in a RELIANT ROBIN MAYBE

15 mins tops

25 minutes YEAH in a RELIANT ROBIN MAYBE

15 mins tops

Obviously depends on what part of HC you live in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Theres no way you can do it 15 mins from the Brighton end .......................unless you speed all the way:policeman:..........its about 20k away.

Seaford Rise is the re-named and posh part of Hallett Cove

;):D:biglaugh:

Hi all,

I was actually advised this by one of the members on this site by PM when I asked questions regarding catchment areas for hallett cove school!

I wouldn't know the details of areas personally since I only had 3 weeks on reccie and back in the uk now.

But glad to have helped to give you a giggle, but it was courtesy of another x

;)

Guest shark bait

got to disagree a Reliant robin would take about 3 days to do 20 km here the front wheel would never get over the potholes in the road.:arghh:

AND YOU THINK ITS FUNNY WATCHING THEM IN SNOWY CONDITIONS:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi all,

I was actually advised this by one of the members on this site by PM when I asked questions regarding catchment areas for hallett cove school!

I wouldn't know the details of areas personally since I only had 3 weeks on reccie and back in the uk now.

But glad to have helped to give you a giggle, but it was courtesy of another x

;)

You did make me giggle....but not in a take the P way! Hope you havent taken offence...none meant...honest.

Why any one would call anywhere the re named and posh part of anywhere is highly amusing to me:wacko:.

sarah

Guest philnjulie

thanks for the advise, been down to hallet cove today fell in love and hope to move there instead of seaford rise now! (maybe start another friendly debate)! Phil and julie

Guest deb and stoo
Hi all,

;)

Talking of catchment areas for Hallett Cove R-12, we phoned last week to get our two in there, we thought living in Hallett Cove (heights) and having a 5158 postcode would let us in but apparently not...the lady in the office told us we're living the wrong side of the Lonsdale Road and suggested Seaview or Brighton.....though we've since found out from a friend who works at the R-12 that lots from HC Heights go there and thinks that maybe they're full at the mo.....so we got them in at Aberfoyle Park High and Heysen Primary, bit of a trek but lovely schools and the kids are happy which is the main thing but bear that in mind when trying to get the kids in school mid term:huh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi Sarah,

No offence taken, I like a bit of a joke myself but only if I know what it is.

But you learn something new everyday...... mine to lighten up a bit and enjoy the ride!!

x

You dont need to lighten up a bit...and I thought it was you making the joke and I didnt get it....oh Im confused now and Ive just got up:unsure:.

sarah

Talking of catchment areas for Hallett Cove R-12, we phoned last week to get our two in there, we thought living in Hallett Cove (heights) and having a 5158 postcode would let us in but apparently not...the lady in the office told us we're living the wrong side of the Lonsdale Road and suggested Seaview or Brighton.....though we've since found out from a friend who works at the R-12 that lots from HC Heights go there and thinks that maybe they're full at the mo.....so we got them in at Aberfoyle Park High and Heysen Primary, bit of a trek but lovely schools and the kids are happy which is the main thing but bear that in mind when trying to get the kids in school mid term:huh:

Hi Guys,

Good to hear you've got your kids sorted out with schools. I know it was a big worry for you. I'm sure they'll have no trouble settling in. They are great lads. :cute:

Judi x

Guest sarahsmartiepants
No way you can do Hallet Cove to Seaford Rise in 15 minutes AND STICK TO THE SPEED LIMIT!!!!! And actually it's not a Reliant Robin, it's a

Ford Festiva of which I am extraordinarily fond (except for the fact it fills with water every time there's a decent downpour...:sad:)

Liz

OH NO I bet it is filling up today then!

sarah

Guest sarahsmartiepants

probably a hole in the floor, thats where mine comes in.

Another thought my car in the uk used to get blocked with leaves just along from under the windscreen, then it wouldnt drain out of the bottom. If you lift the bonnet and look along the grills under the windscreen to the edge of the car, at the edge is where the water off the windsreen drains down behind the wheel.

sarah