"Love it " Factor ??

Guest guest569

What gives the " I want this one !!" feel to a new home buyer ???  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What gives the " I want this one !!" feel to a new home buyer ???

Guest guest569

I'm in the process of building an investment property on " the coast estate" Seaford Rise. I was just wondering if you could all help take some of the stress process ????:biglaugh: Only joking !!! was just wondering what gives a brand new house the " I want this one !!!!??" Feel ???

Going try and make this a poll with some options so here goes !!!:goofy:

Are you intending to rent it out to Brits or Aussies? Furnished or unfurnished? As you can see from the results above, what attracts Brits is probably quite different to what attracts a typical Australian renter. From personal experience, Aussies are by far the better prospect as far as tenants are concerned! Look at how many Brits post up on here about breaking their leases - as a landlord every time you have to get new renters, you incur new costs!

Phone up a few agencies that offer property management services in the area, ask them what attacts tenants, instead of the biased cross section you get on an expat website - unless of course, that's who you are aiming at!

Guest guest569
Are you intending to rent it out to Brits or Aussies? Furnished or unfurnished? As you can see from the results above, what attracts Brits is probably quite different to what attracts a typical Australian renter. From personal experience, Aussies are by far the better prospect as far as tenants are concerned! Look at how many Brits post up on here about breaking their leases - as a landlord every time you have to get new renters, you incur new costs!

Phone up a few agencies that offer property management services in the area, ask them what attacts tenants, instead of the biased cross section you get on an expat website - unless of course, that's who you are aiming at!

The property will be sold immediately on completion( Pom or Ozzy). Looking for tips on what people are after in a home.All opinions considered as one of you lucky people on here might be the new owners !!!!!:biglaugh:

In the proces of selections now so get your ideas in !!!!

Guest katsmajic

I ticked other as i reckon more than just the kitchen or flooring etc makes the wow factor of the house.

It has to be THE HOUSE in the right location - location and views wont sell a bad house...

Keeping it neutral (ish) and a blank canvas for the new owners to work with, no good tailoring it to your tastes - as they might be bloody awful :biglaugh:

Kitchen needs decent workspace/cupboards - and a little bit of unbench lighting goes a long way.....

Personally i like light and airy - hence im going to have a huge kitchen/famlily area.

Good flooring through the house and an open hallway/entrance is a must to give the wow factor from the word go...and gives a flowing appearance through the house.

Think of the external colours too - cos theres some horrors out there.....:err:

Good Luck

Guest guest569
Are you selling straight away. Or looking for opinions on rentals.

Yes selling on completion (In about 8-10 months). So some lucky person will get a brand new house without the stress of the build !!!:idea:

Guest guest569

Thanks for the feed back everyone, keep it coming !!

Location is the favourite at the moment but everyones idea of a good location is different, Some people want the city, some like the hills and countryside and some love the Sea. My Block has 2 out of 3 if your on your tippee toes :biglaugh: The city is pushing it abit !!;)

i put 'other' as the wow factor is lots of the things that finish/detail the house after you have sorted the correct design i reckon.

A good balance of outside and inside space is important too as so many houses and show homes either were small houses with massive garden space or massive house with hardly any garden.(some with unusable spaces like big corridors too as in my opinion these are just wasted space that could be an extra room if you added them all together and for me would make it not homely.)

you want people to see themselves living there when they view and not feeling like they wish they could.

if that extra mile went on the bathrooms and kitchen as these are the main things people see as expensive to change -like as suggested the lighting and extra thought into the tiling say with good workspace.......

also nice lightshades/fittings that are a bit different add that extra too as a whole package.

the views and location are the icing on the top

just my two penny worth as i know what i would have added to mine $$ permitting but all in time.

good luck :)

Guest mandy.s

built in wardrobes is a must, and having them in all the bedrooms is a bonus,

built in dishwasher

2/3 bathrooms

and a swimming pool is the icing on the cake

we have not long built our own house, this house was built to sell to give us extra money for coming over and it is really hard not to put personal choices into it.

what you should do is go and view newly build houses for sale and see what they are like inside, might give you some ideas, Good Luck

Guest Scrappin' Julie

I would say that over here a good design outdoor living area is a key feature, along with a modern sleek kitchen, built in robes and hard flooring in the living areas. A pool is a bonus and always attracts the brits...an estate agent over here told me that as long as you have a sea view and pool then any pom will snap it up. Good luck!

Guest katsmajic
Hopefully our kitchen wont put anyone off....

HG

We're not selling!!! I love my kitchen....

PP think of extra power points too as you get so few as standard...and tv points...once its built get a sparky in to change your singles to doubles too, and if pos position the power points on walls where the sparky can go through the back and put extra sockets in another room and do an external point - thats whats weve done rather than adding loads more points.

• 3 months later...
Guest guest569

Thanks everyone your help/ tips and advice.:notworthy:

Colour selections are now all done, plenty of upgrades ( hopefully to most peoples tastes:D)

Slab should be going down in the next 4 weeks.

The house should be on the market at the begining of August ready for completion end of Aug.

Guest mikesmith
Thanks everyone your help/ tips and advice.:notworthy:

Colour selections are now all done, plenty of upgrades ( hopefully to most peoples tastes:D)

Slab should be going down in the next 4 weeks.

The house should be on the market at the begining of August ready for completion end of Aug.

hi m8 we install hebal wall pannels cheaper than brick and alot quicker to put up then we rennder it and paint to seal it not sure if you have any 1 doing yours already if not send me a pm and i will get my boss to have a look at yer plans and put in a good word for are fellow english people cheers mike

Guest timstoolbox

We have had some experience in renovating and selling, everything here is true. Avoiding colour mistakes is wise. An outdoor patio making the most of your views with a link to your indoor living area will make it a spectacular proposition. Depends of course if that erodes the proposed profit at sale, but that's my two cents :cute:

Hope it helps, best of luck with the sale!

• 2 months later...
Guest guest569

Ok. So the house is about 6 weeks away from completion now.

I have 2 real estate agents ready to sign me up and have had a vague valuation at this stage of $420k. If anyone is interested in a fully upgraded 4 bed 2 bathroom brand spanking new home in the Seaford rise area in June, please pm me. I already have a key so can show you around any evening.

The price is negotiable if something can be arranged before an agent is involved.

If the house doesn't sell by the end of August it will then be a rental property.

Thanks everyone for their help along the way.:notworthy:

Guest guest569

It has been quite difficult trying not too add too much personal taste and leaving a good canvas for the new owner to add their tastes. The fancy doors, handles and tiles are a nice modern touch and the kitchen will look great once the splashback is on.

In the poll 19 voted for location and Seaford Rise is on the up as a nice beach location and the new train line will be great for anyone needing fast access to the city.

I'm surprised only 1 person said a nice bathroom though. All opinions were taken into account during the build.:notworthy:

I see the poll has closed but I would say view. So many people do not take this into account when building. Even a decent view of the garden would help rather than looking out of a window at a colourbond fence or water store - looked at a house for sale on line the other day and the view from the family room consisted of a water tank and a shed!!

Oh yes and a big shed will attract the aussies!!

• 3 weeks later...