which location to start off?

garyandelaine

Hi everyone

looking for some advice on were to start off in a ff rental , looking at arriving 8th nov

and hoping to secure a long term rental within 3-4 weeks (will this be difficult with xmas round the corner), also would like to know my prospects in finding work at this time(Carpenter) . would like to be south of the city but getting work would be an important factor as house sale fell through at the last minute and funds are not what we thought they would be . :mad:

Any Carpenters got any pointers or contacts they could pass on i would very gratefull. Thanks Gary,

Alot depends on what you want from where you live....amenities, shops, hospitals, schools etc etc....start answering a few of these wuestions and you can get an idea of what you want ffom where you are going to live.

I commute from Seaford to near Port Adelaide and it takes me around an hour....

HG you will get more replies as the sleepy heads wake up...lol

HG

Alot depends on what you want from where you live....amenities, shops, hospitals, schools etc etc....start answering a few of these wuestions and you can get an idea of what you want ffom where you are going to live.

I commute from Seaford to near Port Adelaide and it takes me around an hour....

HG you will get more replies as the sleepy heads wake up...lol

HG

Thanks HG for your reply , Gary

Trade jobs seem to be based all over the place so getting in and out the city might not be a big concern. I would just look at finding a short term rental and worry about the rest as and when it happens.

I have a friend who manage to secure a job before he came out in carpentry will get them to reply with how they did it. it's their kids birthday party today but I am sure they will be in touch soon.

HTH

Michelle

We live up in tea tree gully which is north east of the city,,,we find it a great location,,plenty of work round here for your trade,,all amenities close by,,great transport links into the city,,downside is its 25 mins from the beach butwherever you live you would have to compromise on something,,we like the south of the city but find transport links in a lot of the areas ar poor or non existant so if you looking for my opinion,,,tea tree gully has it all!

Guest SA Great

If you have trouble getting accommodation then let me know because a friend of mine is considering taking lodgers for short term. He lives in Woodcroft on his own in a 3 or 4 bed house (cant remember now).

Hi Gary

There's loads of work down south as well with lots of new homes being built around seaford and aldinga and also a few joinery companies locally, builders are always looking for chippies, search on SA home builders for starters.

I agree you really need to decide what facilities or locations you want from your new area ie beach, hills, city etc

Good luck with the move :v_SPIN:

Kim

Hi Gary

There's loads of work down south as well with lots of new homes being built around seaford and aldinga and also a few joinery companies locally, builders are always looking for chippies, search on SA home builders for starters.

I agree you really need to decide what facilities or locations you want from your new area ie beach, hills, city etc

Good luck with the move :v_SPIN:

Kim

Thanks for your message kim , sent you one back (I think)

Hi Gary,

Kim is right...there's lots of work out our side of the world.

There's also an industrial area in Lonsdale which is right on your doorstep and the factories are always looking for people.

We have had lots of tradies stay with us....some have secured work by visiting the sites and speaking to people. You may get some assistance from tradies on this site if you ask...well worth a try.

Tamara

Hi Gary,

Kim is right...there's lots of work out our side of the world.

There's also an industrial area in Lonsdale which is right on your doorstep and the factories are always looking for people.

We have had lots of tradies stay with us....some have secured work by visiting the sites and speaking to people. You may get some assistance from tradies on this site if you ask...well worth a try.

Tamara

Thanks Tamara,

Good to know that there is plenty of work , this has been a worry to us since our house sale fell through, so will need to be earning pretty soon . I will try another thread asking tradies for some assistance....thanks again Gary..