Short term to long term at Xmas time

Guest liamcnaught

Guest liamcnaught

Hi everyone

This is a tricky one and need help and advice on long term rental market in December. We arrive (2 adults and 4 boys) in Adelaide on 10th November 2010. We have secured a short term rental for the first 3 weeks and then possibly another 2 weeks (not yet confirmed).

Our dilemma is this what is the chances of us finding a long term rental in the Aberfoyle area or surrounding suburbs from when we arrive. I am worried that in December as its the run up to Xmas that there will be no long terms coming available. I have no idea of the rental market and wondered if I could get any advice before I spend mega bucks on another 4 - 5 weeks. Would hate to think of us with nowhere to go and everywhere is booked for Xmas period.

I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance

Lia:unsure:

Guest guest569

xmas is a busy time here as its also the start of the summer hols. Alot of places close down for 4 weeks and alot of people go away. Its not a good time to be looking to move around. You'll need to get something sorted asap when you arrive in november !!

Good luck

Guest liamcnaught
I would say its only the week before Xmas and a couple of weeks after I do work for a couple of estate agents and they keep going through Xmas period apart from a couple of days.

Thanks so much for replying....much appreciated

Guest steveandshell

HI lia

not sure how long ypu want , i am at aldinga beach on a new dev. in a new house 3 bed we are renting , we hav had it 12 months nearly so our 12 months is almost up , i have extended it till dec end of as our new house we are building should be ready end of nov. so you cud ask the agent if yoku could have it if we are out or i have a friend who has 2 new houses she rents out on here as well, they are both new homes in mint condition she may have a few weeks or if you talk to her i know she was talking of may be long term fully furn or un furn. hope this makes sense,

If you want send me private message with ya number and i will call you or give my friend your number. But dont stress it will all work out. shell x