Short Term Rentals

Guest allertonj

Guest allertonj

Just wondering whether people have bad or good experiences with short term rentals when they first arrive.

Is it easy to find rentals? How long does the average family stay in the first rental?

Just wanting some information? thanks Julie

Hi,

We stayed in a lovely place, Margaritas Place, which we found on here. Lovely house and owner. It was great to have somewhere like "home" when we landed and gave us time to breathe and have a good look around. We found 8 weeks just right for us, as it gave us time to check out different areas before trying to secure a long term rental.

Hope all goes well for you.

Guest m.jephcott

Hi

We are just moving out of a homesdownunder short term rental and I cannot praise Tamara and Shaun enough for there help and the lovely accommadation. We initally booked 4 weeks, but as our container was not due to arrive for another 4 weeks, we were ablerent for a further 4 in another of there propertries. This has worked out well for us and our container is due any day, so we won't have to camp for to long.

Guest allertonj

Thanks for the quick replies. How did you get the rental? did you go online to particular sites or was it all arranged for you with a migration agent.

I have a property here in Adelaide that has always been let out for long term rentals but now thinking about putting it out there for short term rentals for people migrating, for when they first arrive. If there is heaps of accommodation options already then I can't have the house empty too long.. What do you think?

Guest sarahtwinn82
Hi

We are just moving out of a homesdownunder short term rental and I cannot praise Tamara and Shaun enough for there help and the lovely accommadation. We initally booked 4 weeks, but as our container was not due to arrive for another 4 weeks, we were ablerent for a further 4 in another of there propertries. This has worked out well for us and our container is due any day, so we won't have to camp for to long.

We also stayed at Tamara & Shauns and it was very nice, would recommend. We also stayed at the lorikeet with Roo Rentals which wasn't as good a quality as Tamaras. I'll PM you about it as I don't want to be done for slander or anything.

Hi, we are also currently renting from Tamara and Shaun and would recommend their homes to anyone coming out to Oz. They are first class people and are willing to help you out, giving you advice on what you need to do on arrival. We have stayed 3 weeks and rate very highly!! :D

Guest Guest75
Thanks for the quick replies. How did you get the rental? did you go online to particular sites or was it all arranged for you with a migration agent.

I have a property here in Adelaide that has always been let out for long term rentals but now thinking about putting it out there for short term rentals for people migrating, for when they first arrive. If there is heaps of accommodation options already then I can't have the house empty too long.. What do you think?

I'll be honest and say the demand is certainly dropping. Less visas, exchange rate rubbish.

It's leading to a real down turn in the migration "industry"

Our bookings are down an awful lot and I know it's the same for everyone.

We area all having empty weeks - just look at the calendars on our web sites!!

I'm glad we did not borrow huge lumps of money to finance the rental project - we be stuffed trying to service the mortgages at the moment:shocked::shocked:

Guest TheTodds

We stayed in The Lorikeet - Roo Rentals for our first five weeks and it was perfect! Great location - walking distance to shops, parks and close to main roads to find your way about. We also found Judi and her family such a wonderful help during those frantic first few weeks. Just what you need. They were on hand if needed to offer advice and assitance on anything!

Some freind of ours stayed in one of her other properties nearer the city which they also found great.