How far to CBD?

Guest Bokkiegirl

Guest Bokkiegirl

Hi all,

I am researching endlessly on areas to live in.. I absolutely LOVE the look of the Hallett Cove, Woodcroft etc areas. Absolutely beautiful!

How far is the commute to the CBD in traffic from there? Are there adequate public transport (trains etc)?

Any assistance will be much appreciated thanks! :)

Guest Tterrier81

hi, i dont drive so use public transport a lot, there is a train and bus terminal at noarlunga and a bus interchange at old reynella where i catch the bus, a lot of people who drive seem to park here and catch the bus, bus fare is probably cheaper than petrol. i use the bus to get to the city and they are very frequent, id say every 15 min going to cbd, not sure about trains but i presume they will be just as frequent.

during rush hour they do get very busy and u do see a lot of people standing but if u dont mind waiting then u can get a seat on next one. it takes about 45min-1 hour to get to cbd by bus.

hope this helps

If you are thinking of using a train in the near future from Hallett cove, The line from Noarlunga to Oaklands will be closed for approx 6 months from Feb as they are upgrading the tracks. There will be a replacement bus service but buses sit in traffic so would take longer than a train.

Buses are fairly regular.

I've also heard that when the line is finished, the next stage to be upgraded will be from Oaklands to the city,(not sure if this is correct) so basically disruptions for the next year on the Noarlunga line.

Guest cdchats

The few times I have used the train from Noarlunga (mostly in rush hour) the train takes about 45mins and I am usually getting the 8am train to be in the CBD for 9am - however, the walk from north terrace (train terminal) depends on where you are working.

Not been here long enough to figure out the trams yet, but I believe these are quite frequent....but I stand to be corrected.

Thanks for the info on the bus services from Reynella interchange...found this very useful, as I thought the only way into the CBD was by train....with the distruption from 6th Feb this posting was really much appreciated.

I have also posted a thread re bus services for then kids around Reynella etc to Reynella East High School...if any one has any useful tips !!!

Guest Bokkiegirl

Thanks everyone - gives me a good idea of what to expect...

It makes a difference when researching areas etc ..

We hope to be in Adelaide around mid 2011.. Depends on a few things but we are hopeful to be there sooner than later :)