Sellicks Beach

JimandBarbinAus

Guest guest3462

Sellicks beach is a lovely tiny Beachside suburb in the south of the city, it doesn't have any shops or schools- the nearest being 10 mins away in Aldinga beach or Willunga. It does have a surf club and there is the victory pub on the main road and that's your lot!!!

We live in the next town at Aldinga beach ( which has several schools and a growing shopping centre) and I would say that if you had kids sellicks beach not really the best choice to settle unless you want to live like felicity Kendall in the good life lol! although it is lovely there it is a bit remote even for me and I love being down I'm the sticks!! ( Aldinga is classed by many as the sticks lol)

housing there rental price wise varies as there are lots of holiday rentals and properties with sea views and buying a house there can be expensive due to the sheer size of the land (quite a lot have vinyards or olive groves attached!)

It is about an hour and 20 mins drive to the city and about half an hour to the nearest train station by car from there. Have a look on Real Estate, Property, Land and Homes for Sale, lease and rent - realestate.com.au as there is a link on there you can click on for all the local amenities and suburb ratings for every suburb in Adelaide. Hope this helps!

Hi all,

I was just wondering what Sellicks Beach is like as we are looking to move to Aus in 2012 and need to consider areas for jobs and our two daughters for schools etc.

Hope you can help

Cheers

We lived in Seaford Rise when we came (which we liked) and bought in Sellicks around October last year.

It all depends where work will be for whoever works and how far you are prepared to travel. My wife is currently doing agency work as an Enrolled Nurse and is travelling around and found loads of work within 40mins around here. Victor Harbor is only 30mins away and there can be work there dependent of trades. The nearest schools are in Aldinga and Willunga so that maybe an issue as they may need to taken to school or at least one school does a bus run from here.

We love it here and the beach is great for swimming, fishing and dog walking - there is a section where dogs are allowed off the lead all year round.

Cooler