Breaking lease in Craigmore!

Guest Mitchell

Guest Mitchell

Hiya PIAs! I'm breaking my lease on a huge house in Craigmore. The house is in the north east corner of Craigmore and is a lovely quiet area with a winery only 2k up the road, 20mins drive from Jacobs Creek and 1.5k from Munno Para shopping centre. Theres a bulk bill doctors at the Craigmore village shops and one at Munno Para. Basically it's a bit too quiet for me as I'm on my own so I'm moving into the CBD. Would better suit a family.

The property has

3 large double bedrooms all with built in robes

Fully ducted evaporative air con

Gas heating

Large laundry with plenty of cupboards

Huge open plan family/dining/kitchen

Enormous corner pantry

Enough space to fit even a double width fridge freezer easily

Separate formal lounge

Big front entrance hall

2 way bathroom - one of the ones that's divided up into bath/shower area, large sink area with huge mirror and big cupboard and a separate toilet all with doors between

Front windows have those outside pull down blinds to keep the sun out

Double drive through garage

Space for up to 4 cars on the double drive

Good sized front garden with outside tap

Large L shaped rear garden with plenty of grass and low maintenance shrubs and trees, outside tap, outside electrical point and large covered area for entertaining

The rent is a bargain at only $285 a week and is fully inclusive of ALL water charges as the landlord wants to ensure the rear lawn gets watered (if you can't be bothered to mow the lawn like me, Jims mowing will do it once a fortnight for $45). My current lease runs until the end of September.

I've still got pictures from when I moved in if any ones interested. PM me if you want to know more or to arrange a viewing any time (I work only 10 mins away so any time is really no problem)

Guest Mitchell
Give it a bit of time mate.....i dnt think you will have much of a problem..

HG

I know I'm impatient. Just got off the phone with the agent for the new house who said I should hear tomorrow if I'm successful. Then asked if I'm good to move in on the first of feb! Now even I'm not that organized that I can pack in a weekend!

Hi Mitchell

The house sounds great. Please can you tell me how long it takes to get to the CBD from the house by public transport? It looks a long way out, but I don't know the journey times etc.

The main thing for us is the time to the CBD as Dan will be working there.

Also, we're still in the UK, and due to fly 13th March so not as quickly as you might want!

Thanks

Lyndsey

Guest Mitchell

Hiya Paul

Not got my bond back yet but I haven't moved out yet! lol. Over here you pay the cost of setting up the new lease and vetting tenants on a sliding scale depending how much lease you have left (in my case it's roughly 8/12 of 630 as I have 8 months of a 12 month lease left. then there's rent to pay until the new people move in, plus advertising costs. Its the advertising costs I'm trying to avoid by finding someone myself. Not thinking of breaking your lease in Glenelg are you? You've only just moved in!

Guest Mitchell
Hi Mitchell

The house sounds great. Please can you tell me how long it takes to get to the CBD from the house by public transport? It looks a long way out, but I don't know the journey times etc.

The main thing for us is the time to the CBD as Dan will be working there.

Also, we're still in the UK, and due to fly 13th March so not as quickly as you might want!

Thanks

Lyndsey

Hiya

Public transport could be a problem. It's a 40 mins walk to the train station then 50 mins on the train or a 15 min walk to the bus stop and an hour on the bus! I think you'd need somewhere closer than this (or at least closer to the station) if your OH is working in the CBD. As for waiting until 13th March, that would mean me paying an extra month's rent on top of rent on the new place which could prove expensive!

Hiya Paul

Not got my bond back yet but I haven't moved out yet! lol. Over here you pay the cost of setting up the new lease and vetting tenants on a sliding scale depending how much lease you have left (in my case it's roughly 8/12 of 630 as I have 8 months of a 12 month lease left. then there's rent to pay until the new people move in, plus advertising costs. Its the advertising costs I'm trying to avoid by finding someone myself.

we have had friends and have heard of people whom have taken landlords to tribunal over this matter where the landlord is wanting to charge them heaps of cash.

The end result was if the landlord cannot lease the said property out within one month in the current climate then there has to be something wrong with the property or the way it is being dealt with.....they ended up only paying one month rent in the end.....

You should get all your bond back unless there is any damage or repairs required to the property after you leave ( this is anything that shows up at the inspection )

Bond can take a few weeks to get back....Wehad some issues with ours but got all of ours back...which was nice....

HG

Guest Mitchell

Thanks Heaps. Good to know! Also I'd recommend gumtree if any one else is breaking their lease. Got quite a few replies now. Just hope one of them applies and gets it!