storage of furniture in adelaide

Sallyh

Has anyone stored a household worth of furniture in adelaide? if so, who with and what did it cost?

Our lease ends in 3 weeks (ish, a bit less). We haven't got a new house to move to yet. That's us and 4 children.

Had a few offers from people who reckon they have enough room for us to stay if it comes to that but the furniture's a problem. A big one. We brought a 20ft container's worth from UK and have bought more furniture since we got here.

I need to look at the worst case scenario right now. Our agent is having an open inspection in our house on saturday, which is a total joke I am not sure how they think we are going to manage that in terms of moving mess and general day to day ordinary living and for pete's sake everyone going through our stuff and opening the cupboards.

I am in meltdown from the stress of it and I need a back up plan. So can you point me in the right direction re furniture and cost???? Money's tight so this isn't good at all. Am really hoping the house we applied for on Friday comes through later.

Guest timstoolbox

If you are looking to do this the conventional way, try www.ustoreit.com.au . I don't beleive these places are cheap by my definition but it depends on your opinion. Are you staying in the Eastern suburbs? or try portableondemandstorage.com.au and you only need to move once. Hope this helps :-)

Thanks will look them up. I am not sure if we get to this point that it will matter if it isn't cheap or not, cos it will be hobsons choice. And I doubt we will be charged rent to squash into a friend's rumpus room.

I guess I was thinking conventional but not much else about our family is conventional so prepared to consider alternatives. :)

ETA: looking at those two, I reckon if we have to do it the PODS thing is what we need, and really what I am thinking of. So hope it doesn't come to that though.

We don't need it now thankfully! But hope someone else finds the recommendations useful. i have to say, the PODS thing looks fantastic and was going to be our choice, except it does seem expensive and the main thing that we decided against it for was the width of the containers, though the lengths were good. But looks great, a very good idea.

As it turns out we are now moving out of one and into another on the same day. PODS would have been great for that but family here are keen to do it the traditional way so FIL who has a heavy vehicle licence of some description is hiring a bigger truck than we otherwise can. And paying for it for us. :)