Renting a property??????????

tracy holland 1

Guest guest569

from the Uk you can arrange a short term furnished rental. Some people on here own such houses and will even pick you up from the airport and settle you in. these vary between $600 and $750 a week.:shocked: Once here it may take you up to 4 weeks to be accepted for a long term rental through an agent.This is also a good time to check out areas for settling, schools , work ect..... As shipping can take between 10 - 12 weeks its always best to get your container off 3-4 weeks before your flights so you are not left too short at this end without your essentials.:idea:

Guest Guest75

Hi Tracey

In general it is very hard to rent a long term property if you are not here.

A good agent will actually want to see you and be assured that you will be here to rent the property.

You might be lucky though??

You really should see what you are renting before committing. Sometimes the truth is a little sparse on the description.

"Convenient for local shopping centre" = you back onto their yard where noisy deliveries start at 5.00am and the air con is on all day!

Have a look on Rental Properties, Homes for Rent and Apartments to Lease - realestate.com.au

:cute:

Ive seen on here a few times that people are breaking lease on a house ,would it be possible for someone in the uk to take on the rest of the lease ,or would that not work.

Kevin.

Ive seen on here a few times that people are breaking lease on a house ,would it be possible for someone in the uk to take on the rest of the lease ,or would that not work.

Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

Its doubtful that this would work. If the house is leased through a property agency, they still like to "vet" those who might be taking over the lease and give their recommendations to the landlord.

If your are here, then yes, you have as good a shot as anyone to take over a lease.

Best of luck,

Judi x

Hi Kevin,

Its doubtful that this would work. If the house is leased through a property agency, they still like to "vet" those who might be taking over the lease and give their recommendations to the landlord.

If your are here, then yes, you have as good a shot as anyone to take over a lease.

Best of luck,

Judi x

Well thats good and bad in away ,It does seem that most of the world revolves around paper work and credit checks,I meet a lot of people in my job and would find it really hard to make honest opinion on someone in the half an hour or so.As most people are on there best behaviour,when you first meet them:biglaugh:

But its good that they like to meet the renter's ,as if its a holiday let ,I bet they don't alway's get the chance and are quite often caught out.

Have to say, you really don't want to be doing anything sight unseen. I can't believe what the real estate agents get away with advertising and selling / renting here. They'd never get away with that in a million years in the UK. It's a whole new world the Australian real estate market. They had Bob Jelly so right on Seachange, if that means much to anyone!!!!!

If you was coming to Adelade for the first time, which area would be the best for a base just to look around before renting? Ive been told to live near and look for rentals near the work place. We have decided to find a place for a few weeks to stay then have a good look around different areas to check it all out! and Find work and a rental. What are caravan parks like? I find most rentals are a bit pricey! or is it me being tight.. We are moving over to Adelaide in August 2011! and I cant wait!

Guest guest569
another question. If you rent a house do you have to pay for gas, electric, water and other stuff on top of the rental price? Thanks

A unfurnished long term rental then yes. The landlord does pay a percentage of the water so you can keep the grass alive over summer.

In a furnished short term rental when you first arrive , its all included.