• Short term rental accommodation, furnished rentals in port Noarlunga Adelaide, South Australia
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree6Likes

Thread: SORRY, NO PETS starting to annoy....

422 times
      On the other hand I was talking to a guy in the pool shop who was telling me about his tenant. Nice fellow with a couple of kids. Kept the house pretty tidy. His 2 dogs were never ever taken for a walk and his solution to clear up the poop outside was to kick it into the pool!!!!!
      Sad to say the minority of dog owners spoil it for the majority.
      Incidently when we sign the lease with our tenants..the agent always put in the contract that dogs were to always be kept outdoors. Apparently this is standard practice here in oz.

North Adelaide. :)
      327 times
      There's a specific clause in the legislation saying that it is not legal to discriminate against families with children.

I noticed pretty much every inspection we just went to before taking this house we've moved into, that they all said no pets, but at inspections always heard people asking the agent about pets.

Our old house is still for rent, and that was an outside pet negotiable one. I think this one was too, and there were loads of people at the inspection, and I assumed that was why.

Incidentally with 4 children, with bikes, and swings, we have left a garden much greener and better recovered than the dirt patch that couldn't be rescued for a very long time near the tree where the chain from the past dog resident was kept. A lot of damage went into the radius around that tree before we took the house, and so much so that the soil was actually different. It took a family of 4 children to rescue it!!!! :)

I think the pets comment is likely laziness, but just as you get discriminated against with children because of a minority, I guess the same is happening to pet owners. They like references. So I heard an agent telling a potential tenant to give them a reference for the pet. Front load your application with references saying how amazing you left your last place, how clean you kept it and how great the dog is or whatever, and hopefully that will make your application stand out.
      Me (36), DH (36), DS1 (9), DS2 (6), DS3 (4), DD1 (2), DD2 - BRAND NEW!!! 26-6-11 ...80 ʇdǝs ɹǝpun uʍop pǝʌıɹɹɐ

Enjoying every day life with all our needs satisfied in this sunscorched land...

Quote Originally Posted by nicandchris View Post
      well looking at these posts, well have no chance then when we head over, dogs and a child! - getting worried again!
      Don't worry Nic and Chris there are a few places that will take pets, more so in the rural areas ;-)
      nicandchris likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12