A place in the sun: down under

Guest leemina

Guest leemina

Just a quickie to let you know that i saw an advert on sky tv for this. Amanda Lamb presents and the first episode is about Adelaide, its on this coming sunday at 9pm on Travel&living channel.

Guest leemina

Watched it tonight and it was Melbourne, sorry. Also I had deja vu, then realised that its actually a couple of years old. Anyway gonna still watch them. Had a look on youtube for the Adelaide one, and think i remember seeing that too.

Guest Guest75
Watched it tonight and it was Melbourne, sorry. Also I had deja vu, then realised that its actually a couple of years old. Anyway gonna still watch them. Had a look on youtube for the Adelaide one, and think i remember seeing that too.

If it's the series on the new Home channel on Foxtel,it's really old. Prices are way out.

Next week is Adelaide with a family who are members on here :cute::cute:

Guest Adelaide_bound

From researching around on the net a bit is seems it was filmed Sept/Oct 2008 and first aired Jan 2009. So prices out a little, but could allow for that, and will still give an idea of what is out there and what Adelaide is like (by looking at the background constantly, instead of the annoying presenter :biglaugh: )

Guest sarahtwinn82

Wanna watch BBC Iplayer here in Oz? (or anywhere for that matter!)

Just stumbled upon this little gem. It basically makes your IP private via a neat little local VPN so the BBC dont know where your coming from. Its called Expat Shield and installs to your PC and runs in the background.

Another cheeky little trick I'm gonna try next is running the BBC Iplayer thru the Wii so I can get it on the big tele! Basically, I had to change my country to UK via Wii settings, then goto the Wii Shop and the BBC Iplayer channel shows up so you can install it. Then switch back to Aussie. Then in your wii settings, enter your PC internal IP as proxy server (while running expat) and also install CC proxy on the PC turning it into a proxy server. Get CC Proxy here Proxy Server CCProxy - Easy-to-use Proxy Software for Windows 2000/98/XP/NT/2003/Vista

Give it a go, Im very impressed with it! :D

Expat Shield

This was Trevez post actually, it helps you watch blocked content on utube iplayer etc. It works because we use it all the time