Desparately Seeking Long Term Rental!!

Guest BAZnDAF

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi All,

We arrived here on 9th March and loving it:D However we are now beginning to feel the stress of trying to find a quality 3/4 bedroom rental in the Morphett Vale/Christies/Noarlunga/Hackham area:arghh:

We only have 2 weeks to find somewhere which is proving difficult - too many renters too few properties. Does anyone know of any contacts who rent out unfurnished houses?? Would appreciate any help you can give us as we will be homeless soon and we've sold our tent!!

Thanks

Barry, Daphne & Hollie (19)

Hi,

There's a real shortage of available rentals right now.

From speaking to my guests many have stressed the need to "make a bond" with the rental agent. I know that the viewing times are really short and that there's loads of people at the open houses but it might be an idea to get there a little earlier and have a friendly chat with the agent. From there it's the possibility that after explaining your situation you get access to properties that are newly released before the masses find out about them...I know that it has worked for many people.

Those extra few minutes will also give you time to have a look around the area. You will know by now that there are dodgy areas and even dodgy roads in good areas! Best to avoid being tied into a long term lease next to neighbours from hell.

Tamara

Guest midwifeonthemove

We are having exactly the same problem.....our budget is creeping up and up now too to minimize the masses. We were reading this morning that the vacancy rate here is only 0.33%...scary

Tanya x

There are loads of rentals, I do the ads for them in the messenger and advertiser every week. Give LJ Hooker Christies Beach a call on 8326 2535. They cover all those areas you want to live in. There are some in the Advertiser which is out today and you can check out the free Messengers on line at Southern Times Messenger : March 2nd 2011, Page 1 see page 46. If you are still struggling send me a pm with your phone number and I'll help you.

Let me know how you get on.

Guest Nicky&Andy

if your looking port noarlunga , aldinga is not much further you can probably get a rental although alot have gone recently (maybe worth a try)