Seeking 6 month rental, starting May!

Guest TheYales

Guest TheYales

Hi Everyone!

My first time adding a post, and just new to the site!

My hubbie and I are leaving England in 4 weeks and arriving in Adelaide end of April, we're so excited to be joining you all!

We are seeking a 6 month or even a years rental. Ideally we are looking closer to beach than CBD as happy to travel in for work.

If you or any friends are seeking tenants in May, we'd be delighted to hear from you. We're both professionals, non smokers, no children but we are expecting in August! We have no pets, are uber tidy people and have excellent references!

Many thanks in advance!

The Yales!

Guest CDJ_Edwards

We are just waiting to sign off on our house purchase and if all OK we will be moving out of our rental at the beginning of May. We rent on the Coast estate in Seaford Rise and the house is 10 mins walk to the beach (Moana) and you have seaviews from the back garden. The house has 3 bedrooms, family room, formal lounge and large covered entertainment area. If all goes well with our purchase we will be giving notice in a couple of weeks. If you are interested please pm me and I can pass on your details to the landlords. Not sure if they would want you to sign for a year though.

Regards

Cheryl

Hi Everyone!

My first time adding a post, and just new to the site!

My hubbie and I are leaving England in 4 weeks and arriving in Adelaide end of April, we're so excited to be joining you all!

We are seeking a 6 month or even a years rental. Ideally we are looking closer to beach than CBD as happy to travel in for work.

If you or any friends are seeking tenants in May, we'd be delighted to hear from you. We're both professionals, non smokers, no children but we are expecting in August! We have no pets, are uber tidy people and have excellent references!

Many thanks in advance!

The Yales!

It's probably a good idea to wait until you get here before signing up for a rental and usually initial tenancies are 6mth but that not a rule. Good rentals are very competitive so be prepared to not get the first you see etc but just depends on your budget and area you end up living.

Hope you have a short term/arrival accommodation for at least 2-3 weeks to give you time to find your feet and get looking at rentals.

Then suggest you go and start looking at any rentals to get feel for the process etc as you only 15mins to view a rental along with everyone else.

Good luck

Guest TheYales

Many thanks for your reply! We're grateful for all advice!! I did see in Adelaide Now about the shortage of rentals so we'll need to get our skates on when we arrive! Cant wait!

Best wishes!

Annie

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hangaroundgirl

Hi, we rent a brand new town house about a 10 minute drive to the CBD- very close in. We are hoping to purchase a house and we will vacate here about the 30th of May. We will be breaking out 12 month lease so we want to help the agents find good tenants. We have two cats, and the house is brand new and very very nice. it has a totally secure back yard. If you think you might be interested let us know.

We found it quite difficult to rent - you have to go to "open homes" for rentals and then appy -its quite competitive - but getting in on a break lease situation would give you an advantage I am sure.

• 1 month later...
Guest midwifeonthemove

Hi there,

Please feel free to PM me about our rental that will be available in 2 weeks from now. It is a brand new (well, 2 mth) old 4 bed home in Seaford Rise.

Tanya

I didn't notice any shortage of rentals when we were looking at two bedroom places a couple of weeks ago. Most open times, there were no more than two or three people looking round, and for lots of them we were the only people. Don't let the media and agents pressurise you, it's really not a landlords market right now. So wait until you see one you really like before putting in an application. If you've got a full complement of references and either evidence of salary or savings, you should be fine.

Do bear in mind that the small print of the application forms say that you are committing to entering into a rental agreement if the landlord accepts your application, so you don't want to be putting in too many concurrent applications. Having said that, applications are usually processed within 24hrs so it's not too much of an issue to only have one application going at a time.

Guest TheYales

Thanks to everyone who has posted a message offering us a rental, we really do appreciate the support we have received from members of PIA!

We've signed to a lovely, newly renovated townhouse recommended by a PIA member till Sept when we will be seeking a 3 or 4 bed house further south. So if anyone has any tenants moving out round that time, please do think of us!! We're def going to be seeking more space later in the year.

Good luck to all those house hunters at the moment, theres some lovely landlords out there!

Annie