Living in Noarlunga Downs

Guest shella_n

Guest shella_n

We are relocating to Port Noarlunga was and ive been looking at properties around the Noarlunga Downs area.

A couple of people have mentioned in passing that you need to be careful of which area of Noarlunga Downs you live in as some areas are 'dodgy'.

If this is true can someone give me an idea of the areas that are good and parts to avoid. I was looking at a house in the top part of ND (not far from the train station) but unfortuantely it sold and I see that there are a lof of newer builds at the bottom part - ive confused as it all seems nice to me:eek:

Thanks in advance.

The nice area in Noarlunga Downs is next the suburb of Port Noarlunga...so right on the border..there are lots of new houses going up and some are priced the same as port noarlunga houses,we were going to buy in Noarlunga downs but it only cost an extra $10,000 up the road in Port Noarlunga accross from the Onkapringa River!

The dodgy area in Noarlunga downs that everyone is refering to is next to the suburb of Hackham,also many houses are going up for sale because they are building a new train line right behind them(so be carefull where you buy) Buy a house that will go up in value and not decrease because of the location,good luck with everything and i hope this helps

Hi there,

There are some really great properties in the Noarlunga Down area. Entire new estates have been built and there's plenty of construction going on.

It's a really difficult one. In all areas there are "good" and "bad" roads. There are house proud people living next door to bogans! That's Oz for you. Before you take the leap it's best to walk the area...have a look at your neighbours, how they live, number of cars outside, condition of the gardens and houses. I know that it's a bit of a schlep driving up from Mawson lakes all the time but 6 months or a year next door to the neighbours from hell is a long time!

My sons have friends who live in Noarlunga Downs, Huntfield Heights and Hackam. A lot of areas have "labels" which are not always appropriate so please don't be put off by comments. Guests of ours moved into Noarlunga Downs in Jan. They would have preferred Port Noarlunga but there wasn't a rental available but they are in a great house in a quiet, safe, friendly road.

Tamara

Guest shella_n

Thanks guys. Ive seen lots of houses at "the points estate" - is that a good place.

re the train line - when I was down there the other day o was driving Old Honeypot Lane into PN and on the left there was a load of building going on in a field - I wondered whether that might be house building but now im wondering if its the train - is there a map or something that shows where the new route will go so I can spot the areas to avoid? The house I wanted to buy had the house next door up for sale as well - I thought it was a coincidence but mabye its something more like the train hmmmmmmm

A friend of mine lives at the point....very nice area but thw lay of the land means quite a bit of retaining work is required....if you go up the road towards south road a bit more the land is a bit flatter.

I have friends living all over Adelaide each area has its so called dodgy areas....but whats seems dodgy to one perosn may not to another its allabout personal choice..Rachie is right tho have a drive by the areas that your keen on.....we live down in Aldinga Beach....some people refer it as the outback, woopwoop but we love it down here....( apart from my drive to work )

HG

Hope this helps

A friend of mine lives at the point....very nice area but thw lay of the land means quite a bit of retaining work is required....if you go up the road towards south road a bit more the land is a bit flatter.

I have friends living all over Adelaide each area has its so called dodgy areas....but whats seems dodgy to one perosn may not to another its allabout personal choice..Rachie is right tho have a drive by the areas that your keen on.....we live down in Aldinga Beach....some people refer it as the outback, woopwoop but we love it down here....( apart from my drive to work )

HG

Hope this helps

Hey you caught me down in Mexico the other day..........was having a day trip:D

Hi there,

The Point Estate is a new development...all new housing and a good place to stay. We know people who stayed with us and they live there.

The train line extension to Seaford doesn't go too close to there.

What you saw was the train line extension...it's going to pass beween two really nice areas just off Honeypot Road and I am surprised that people have left it so late to sell! The one estate is called Riverview...nice homes, but the line will be on your doorstep.

I have been looking for the info that the council sent out but can't find it...sorry!

The local council is Onkaparinga and their web site is www.onkaparingacity.com.au

They might have details of the route on there.

Tamara

If thats Mexico then we must live in Argentina :biglaugh:

HG

Funny........thats what Sarah says.;).............all good fun.. hey ive always liked Port noarlunga and if i know what i know now I would have bought there.......but hey still happy here.

Must say though ......the border crossing is the river............;)

Thanks really helpful we are currently renting in Port Noarlunga, hoping to buy this year and worried that we will have to wait for the right house or move towards Noarlunga downs so good see where it is going. On the plus side the train is supposed to be quiet once it is electric...

but not sure it will be that quite without double glazing etc we used live opposite a train line in the UK and it was fine.

Guest graandjac

My sons have friends who live in Noarlunga Downs, Huntfield Heights and Hackam. A lot of areas have "labels" which are not always appropriate so please don't be put off by comments. Guests of ours moved into Noarlunga Downs in Jan. They would have preferred Port Noarlunga but there wasn't a rental available but they are in a great house in a quiet, safe, friendly road.

Tamara

Found this above and its spot on , you need to come and look for yourself, try not to listen to the "labels" .I work on Housing trust houses all over Adelaide.....you could have a street full of housing trust 100 mtrs away and never know it.........so dont worry to much, also we live on The Point in Noarlunga Downs being Heaps goods mate, we love it .....close to all the shops, closer to the best beach in Australia (Southport) and thats official:biglaugh:, and I get to watch the roos whilst having my breccie in the morning bloody fantastic.

P.S the train line is running near to a few houses in the Riverview estate but shoulden't be to much bother and from the outside of the Point where we are it will be about 1.5km away running across the river........nothing to worry about.