Rental required from beginning of July

Guest Bokkiegirl

Guest Bokkiegirl

Hi all,

We are flying out first week in July and will need a rental asap.. Our budget is SO limited and our precious South African Rands really don't stretch that far :(

We are looking at a 3x2 if possible for max $340 p.w even less if we can get something decent.. We would want a long lease and will be able to pay a few month's rent up front..

Have been looking at Hallet Cove and surrounds and love it!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated xxx

Guest Opportunities
Hi all,

We are flying out first week in July and will need a rental asap.. Our budget is SO limited and our precious South African Rands really don't stretch that far :(

We are looking at a 3x2 if possible for max $340 p.w even less if we can get something decent.. We would want a long lease and will be able to pay a few month's rent up front..

Have been looking at Hallet Cove and surrounds and love it!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated xxx

Hi,

Nice to see another South African on here... After spending so much time here on the forum the people on here feel like my fellows (friends) and are no longer foreigners to me! Great support on this site.

We are heading out in December and have also looked at Hallett Cove.

Good luck with the move.

Karen

:cute:

Guest shella_n

Hi! Just a quick note to say i dong think u will have a problem finding a rental. My friend has a really nice 3 bed in hallet cove and only pays 300 p w.

My husband is south African and would love to meet up with some fellow south Africans so stay in touch!

Michelle

Guest Ric & Paula

Hi we are breaking lease beginning July,we are in a different area,Semaphore in the Western suburbs.It's a beautiful,3 to 4 bed property,renovated to a high standard,own garden and 5 mins to sandy beach and Semaphore Rd,with lots of restaurants and cafes.Great links to the city(20 mins by car or train),great place.We pay $380 a week,house is an investment prop,great landlord,leaves you to it.As I said,different area,but lovely coastal resort.We also have Sth African friends at the bottom of the road!!Thought it was worth a mention,in case you want to check other areas too.Property will be advertised in a couple of weeks via Century 21.Best of luck Paula

Guest Opportunities
Hi! Just a quick note to say i dong think u will have a problem finding a rental. My friend has a really nice 3 bed in hallet cove and only pays 300 p w.

My husband is south African and would love to meet up with some fellow south Africans so stay in touch!

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Are you guys in Mawson Lake? Is that in the north? Are your children bilingual? Can they speak afrikaans or have you guys educated them in English?

As noted on the previous post, we have children that need to attend school next year(year 10 and 4) and we are definitely struggling to get both primary and secondary schools close to each other in one area. That why we have started to look very closely to Hallett Cove School(R-12).

Any suggestions on schools? Obviously we need to stay in the catchment areas of the schools and then the OH also needs to travel to wherever he will work(but he is easy going). What does your husband do?

Karen

x

Guest Bokkiegirl
Hi we are breaking lease beginning July,we are in a different area,Semaphore in the Western suburbs.It's a beautiful,3 to 4 bed property,renovated to a high standard,own garden and 5 mins to sandy beach and Semaphore Rd,with lots of restaurants and cafes.Great links to the city(20 mins by car or train),great place.We pay $380 a week,house is an investment prop,great landlord,leaves you to it.As I said,different area,but lovely coastal resort.We also have Sth African friends at the bottom of the road!!Thought it was worth a mention,in case you want to check other areas too.Property will be advertised in a couple of weeks via Century 21.Best of luck Paula

Hi there Paula,

It sounds devine! Unfortuantely it is over $40 p.w over our max budget.. We can't over commit at this stage with us having limit savings and no job as yet.. Any chance the owner want to drop the price;) ? Will sign a long lease (just joking I know I am pushing my luck here)

Thanks for posting though, did see it and it looks great!

Guest shella_n

Hi. We r in Mawson lakes but moving to port noarlunga in July. We have places for the children in St John the apostle in christies beach. the kids can only speak English I'm afraid. The schools are a big issue for me and I have struggled trying to find something suitable but I know plenty of people who r happy with Halley cove schools. I guess the biggest thing will be where your husband ends up working - we both work in the cbd and will have an hours commute each day. Where in sa r u from? My husband is from pe although born in jo'burg.

Michelle

thats good to read we do something right between us all then.....:chatterbox::jiggy:;)

HG

Guest Opportunities
Hi. We r in Mawson lakes but moving to port noarlunga in July. We have places for the children in St John the apostle in christies beach. the kids can only speak English I'm afraid. The schools are a big issue for me and I have struggled trying to find something suitable but I know plenty of people who r happy with Halley cove schools. I guess the biggest thing will be where your husband ends up working - we both work in the cbd and will have an hours commute each day. Where in sa r u from? My husband is from pe although born in jo'burg.

Hi,

I grew up in Port Elizabeth though, but we came to Cape Town in my last year of secondary school, so we have been in Cape Town ever since 1989!

Thanks for the info.

Karen

x

Guest Bokkiegirl

Will definitely want to meet up once we are there! Our eldest is in Year 2 and youngest 2.. We will have the issue of 1 being in Primary and 1 in High School but luckily only in a few years time (ok like 5) :)

Morphet Valley also seems nice, Aberfoyle Park and I love Hallet Cove!!

Guest shella_n
Hi,

I grew up in Port Elizabeth though, but we came to Cape Town in my last year of secondary school, so we have been in Cape Town ever since 1989!

Thanks for the info.

Karen

x

Hmmm- u r the sama age as my husband - how funny if u guys went to the samd school - he lived in Sardinia bay. He moved to cape town after his national service and lived there till he left for uk in 97. My sister in law lives in cape town too.

Any questions done hesitate to ask! More than happy to help

Michelle

Welcome,we are from south africa to (cape town) Port Noarlunga is a great suburb ,you should check it out!!there are quite a few south africans here down south,seaford is very affordable and so is noarlunga downs...there is everything on your door step and even a nice beach to,hallet coves beach isnt so good(this is what ive being told when comparing) good luck

Guest dittydotty1

Hi,

we are in Aldinga Beach and breaking lease on our 4 bedroom 2 bathroom home.

it is a 2 year old property and rents for $320 per week. light bright and modern, undercover entertaining area nice size enclosed rear garden. walking distance to shops, dr's, school etc. we have bought a house and the rental will be available from 24th june

feel free to PM me if you are interested

Amanda

Guest chillyanna

Hi Guys, just want to let you all know that i will be breaking lease on the rented house i am in now will be available about the 2nd week of june. it is in reynella and is about 5 years old, my rent is $300 P/W but agent might change that when i leave.

It is 3 bed, closet in master and built in robes in 2nd and 3rd. 1 shared bathroom linked to master. nice open plan kitchen,and large dining, living area, seperate laundry room and seperate toilet. carpetes in living areas and bedrooms.

1 lock-up garage space and a driveway with space for 2 cars. covered dining/entertaining area atthe back. easy care front garden.

close to bus routes on south road and shops. hallet cove is less than 10mins drive away.

If interested or want more info P/M me or email me at chillysauce7@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dittydotty1
Hi is the property pet friendly?

Thanks

Hi,

Pets are negotiable with the landlord, we have a cat and the previous tenants had a dog

amanda