nice areas

Guest tootall74

Guest tootall74

we are waiting for our visa

we are a couple with no kids and would like your opinion on what area you think would be good for us eg for work(bricklayer),renting and genarally a nice area with a few places to go out at night,

thanks guys

Somewhere like Glenelg would probably make a good base - doesn't limit you travelwise if the work is in the south or in the north, beachside, 20 mins to City, lots of bars and restaurants.

Otherwise depending on budget the suburb of North Adelaide is a great place for non-kid-encumbered couples! Same benefits as above, except not beachside (20 mins to beach).

Also Norwood, Unley, Goodwood, Henley, Brighton.

Guest Catherine & Leigh

I live in the west, between the city and the beach as summer and the beach in adelaide is great and you don't want to be too far away!!

While the beach areas are Great in summer, I find them horrible in winter with all the wind. In summer, if you do want to live really close to the beach then you will want to make sure there is parking. Adelaide isn't that big and Henley, Grange etc get packed and you wont be able to get a parking space if you live too close....if that make sence.

I find Glengel is a bit of a tourist area...that is, good to visit but personally I wouldn't want to live there.

Personally I'm at Woodville South. I just off the main road, (called Port Road) from the city as you head north west toward Semphore Beach and Port Adelaide. I find it's the best of all worlds. I have public transport at my door, and a supermarket, pub, post office, chemist and the Queen Elizabeth Hospital only 3-5 doors away. It's great. If I had kids they could even go to the public Primary School over my back fence.

It's great! ....and if you're interested, I will be moving out in July so the fully furished place I'm in will be up for grabs! It's great.

Hope that helps anyway

Guest tootall74

thanks cath

would love to take you up on the offer of your place but we are still waiting for our visas,info was great thanks again

• 1 month later...
Guest Adelaidian

I agree with 'Diane'. I live in Adelaide and would have recommended Glenelg first! great for young-old lots dining and beach. Most beach locations close to glenelg great..brighton and henley beach are popular. City living for couples...younger tend to go Norwood (the parade) but suits all age groups..LOTS of dining and North Adelaide.

Good luck