somewhere to rent short term for arival?

Guest Hannah

Guest Hannah

Hi all,

my partner and I should be getting our visa no later than october hopefully and i know that renting places we will need to be in the country with a proof of a job etc so we will need somewhere to stay for a couple of months when we first arrive and once we have jobs and references sorted we can then apply for renting properly. Can anyone give me information as to where we can stay when we first arrive? I have looked at hostels and b+bs but they will work out quite expensive.

Any info would be fantastic!

Thanks guys!

Hannah x

Guest ROB3SERA3
Hi all,

my partner and I should be getting our visa no later than october hopefully and i know that renting places we will need to be in the country with a proof of a job etc so we will need somewhere to stay for a couple of months when we first arrive and once we have jobs and references sorted we can then apply for renting properly. Can anyone give me information as to where we can stay when we first arrive? I have looked at hostels and b+bs but they will work out quite expensive.

Any info would be fantastic!

Thanks guys!

Hannah x

That makes 2 of us as i will be going once visa approved and the sale of my house :)

2 Adults 1 Child

Rob

Guest ROB3SERA3
Hi, we are in one of the tamaras houses on www.homesdownunder.com.au

Its in Port Noarlunga but the good thing with the house is all bills are covered when you pay for the house so all we have to bother about is the shopping.

Andrew

Hi andrew

That sounds very appealing :) We have our meds in june and we will sell everythink to get over asap is there plenty of propertys?

We have friends in port lunda - seaford meadows? We would want unfurnished as our 3bed house stuff coming too,would they accommidate a hot tub as we bringing one?

Rob

Guest Guest75
thanks Andrew and Tyke, that has been really helpfull, iv got lots of links im looking into now.

No worries Hannah

Just be aware that there has been the odd issue where people have been ripped off.

The advertised rental did not exist,they took a huge deposit and were never seen again.

Happened a few times on Gumtree now I think - as it happened with a boat a friend of mine was interested in:shocked:

Check em' out thoroughly.

Make sure they are insured with landlords insurance and can give you their Australian Business Number (ABN) - if not they might be letting out on the side and you will not be covered.

Hi Tyke

Funny you mention this I had a call from a couple who arrived in Oz last week that this had happened to, before this I hadnt heard of it at all. Poor people they were out of pocket big time. Was able to help them out for a short while but maybe there needs to be a tightening up of regulation around Short Term Rentals or a professional body set up to regulate it?

Good advice for people coming over to investigate a bit more and ensure the rentals carry an ABN No. and are professional..

Kim

Guest WhatNow?

Try a PM to Donna who posts as jarnasa on here. She manages a lot of properties in many areas of Adelaide and regularly helps out our clients. I can recommend her as reliable and friendly.

Try a PM to Donna who posts as jarnasa on here. She manages a lot of properties in many areas of Adelaide and regularly helps out our clients. I can recommend her as reliable and friendly.

Donna's also one of the few I know of who has furnished rentals that are to the west, and north west of the city rather than just in the south. You say you have jobs lined up, do you know where you'll be located as that's a good starting point when looking for a rental place?

Hi there,

we rented with Key Rentals who were one of the few letting agents willing to deal with us while we were still in the UK so we literally had a home to arrive to. We rent a 2-bed fully furnished unit in Somerton Park which is a perfect location - right on the beach, on good bus routes and 15 mins walk along the beach to Glenelg which is where the action is.

If you contact them ask for Corrina as she is the lady who helped us out.

Key Rentals & Sales | Real Estate Services

p 08 8351 6675 | f 08 8351 4717 | m 0419 238 162 | e keyrentals@chariot.net.au

Hope that was helpful, Katherine