Arriving in August

Guest TheTomsetts

Guest TheTomsetts

Hello all.

We are new to this website as we are currently in Geelong, Victoria. We have been here on a student (mature!) visa for 4 months and have just been granted our visa to live in South Australia.

So we will be Adelaide bound very soon and need somewhere to live.

It’s just myself and my husband, no children or pets.

We have seen lots of adverts for houses to rent / breaking lease on rentals etc…and just wondering if anyone knows of any that are available from the first few weeks in August for about 300 / 350 a week, furnished/ not furnished, inclusive of utilities/or not. We are open to anything really that’s reasonably close to the city.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest TheTomsetts

Hi there, thanks for that link we already live in Australia so have studied that site for months! I just saw people were breaking contracts and wondered if there were any coming up soon. Thanks for answering though.

Guest michaelnitschke
Hello all.

We are new to this website as we are currently in Geelong, Victoria. We have been here on a student (mature!) visa for 4 months and have just been granted our visa to live in South Australia.

So we will be Adelaide bound very soon and need somewhere to live.

It’s just myself and my husband, no children or pets.

We have seen lots of adverts for houses to rent / breaking lease on rentals etc…and just wondering if anyone knows of any that are available from the first few weeks in August for about 300 / 350 a week, furnished/ not furnished, inclusive of utilities/or not. We are open to anything really that’s reasonably close to the city.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi!

Have you been renting in Geelong for the last few months or staying with family? Do you know anyone in Adelaide? The reason I ask is that it is highly likely that property managers will look for some references on any rental application and any you can list (even if its family and friends) will help.

In addition to realestate.com, I would recommend contacting some property managers via email in the suburbs that interest you, introducing them to what you are looking for. The good ones will take your email seriously, and then will try and help you out :)

Good luck!!

Michael.

Guest TheTomsetts

Hi Michael.

Brilliant advice, thanks and we will get references from the Landlords in Geelong before we head to Adelaide.

I appreciate your response and if we ever end up trying to purchase a house in The Hills area we’ll be in contact again!

Thanks again.