Aldinga or seaford

chrisfen46

Hi just looking for some more info really we have been looking at seaford really like the sound of that area but we also like Aldinga, Infact we more swayed toward Aldinga at the moment. So really for a family of 4 with 2 young boys is it a ideal place to bring up a family, the traveling to work doesnt bother me at all so this will not be an issue. Just wanted to know what facilites are avaliable and any usefull web sites about the area..

• 2 weeks later...

We lived in Aldinga for over a year and found it more suitable for children than the older person. There is a great shopping centre and a lovely esplanade and beach, though you have to be careful with your kids as cars are allowed on the beaches. The houses are cheaper, so you get more for your bucks than at Seaford.:D

Hope that helps with your decision.

We lived in Aldinga for over a year and found it more suitable for children than the older person. There is a great shopping centre and a lovely esplanade and beach, though you have to be careful with your kids as cars are allowed on the beaches. The houses are cheaper, so you get more for your bucks than at Seaford.:D

Hope that helps with your decision.

must admit i do like the look and sound of aldinga, thanks for your reply..

Guest Nicky&Andy

all depends on what you looking for , i love comming home from work driving though port noarlunga ,seaford then down to aldinga(the calmness when you go over the hill) , the ocean all on one side , perfect , not as much in aldinga, as other areas , but its slowly growing , we love it here ,what would top it off is a local watering hole , within walking distance, but then who needs that when you can sit on the beach , rod out and a tinny in your hand:)

Guest bidsandrew

We are also a family of 4 with 2 young boys and we too liked the sound of Aldinga. The only problem is everyone on this site seems to be heading for the same place, is there enough space for us all!!? We also liked the look of Semaphore, Grange and Hallet Cove. Does anyone have opinions on these areas?

Guest katsmajic

All depends what youre wanting....most areas are lovely, always best to get here and look around before commiting though - we lived in seaford for 2.5yrs, like it there but built in aldinga as affordable and we really like being away from it all...feels quite isolated/villagey etc. friends at semaphore love it up there - pretty expensive heading up that way though imo...

Depends where you work.For me Aldinga is a bit out in the sticks IMHO lovely for a day trip to the beach , Im sure in a few years time there will be more to offer in Aldinga plenty of houses have went up in the last few years same as Seaford lots of houses have went up there to but would say there are more shops etc round about Seaford.

Guest Nicky&Andy
We are also a family of 4 with 2 young boys and we too liked the sound of Aldinga. The only problem is everyone on this site seems to be heading for the same place, is there enough space for us all!!? We also liked the look of Semaphore, Grange and Hallet Cove. Does anyone have opinions on these areas?

you will be surprised how big aldinga is , although i know other pomms live here , i am yet to meet one lol

on our recci we loved semophore, when we came out we were heading there,but our feelings had changed it has got alot busyer in the last couple of years, luckily aldinga found us one visit and we were hooked,

semophore grange hallet cove has more nearer and around you , but aldinga also has everything you need, really have to experience places in the flesh,you will know when somewhere feels right,

Guest rachinadelaide

I love Grange! Train line to the city, beautiful walk to Henley square, cycle path to Glenelg or to West beach then along the Torrens to the city, Grange jetty cafe and the pub are fab and a beautiful area. Depends what you want out of where you live though...

I work in Semaphore so that has put me off that area a bit! We have friends who live on the Esplanade and they often see gangs of teens fighting at the weekends but Semaphore is a big place so that wouldn't necessarily affect you.

Guest cables

A lot of poms here mention seaford & Port noarlunga? Is there much difference here in terms of things to do for children? Son 5 & Daughter 2 and we like walks, parks, beach etc but would be nice for my son to go to swimming clubs, footy clubs etc.... is there anything like this in these areas? If not, anything near? and how long into the city?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks x

These two places virtually run into each other. There is the small seaside town of Port Noarlunga with a Surf club, cafes and speciality shops and just outside is the wooden fort which is very popular with the children and the Oval which I think may have a junior team. Seaford has a larger centre with places like Big W and two supermarkets and lots of little shops. It has a recreational centre and a five demoninational church, though I've only been to the Library, so I don't know what they have for children there.

Hope that helps and I can recommend a rental property where we stayed if you wish.

Grandad.:)

Guest moviemummy

We went on a recci 2009 and loved Aldinga Beach. Tried to get a rental and was hitting a few brick walls.

Managed to find a wonderful agent, Residential Letting, and now have secured a beautiful house in Seaford Rise. This area was being built when we were there last and it is close to shops, schools, beach, wine tours!

We are paying a bit more than we had planned, Aldinga does seem to be more for your money. I am just happy to know where we are going when we land.

L x

Guest Nicky&Andy

loads of clubs all overs.a. ,in and close to aldinga are footy (afl) soccer, bowls, surf club, fire cadetts, tennis, scouts also the community centre does craft clubs for kids and adults as well as computer courses cooking , community garden, keep fit classes, zumba ,in noarlunga they run state swim (lessons) there is also ice skating , roller skating and indoor bowling, most areas have acess to these clubs, schools run lots more as well,

hope this helps

Guest bristow1

Hi i recently moved to Aldinga beach with my husband and LOVE it! There is a shopping centre up the road that has just recently been extended, and has two main supermarkets a few different cafe type places, hairdressers and a beauty salon, dentist, doctors its small but nice and peaceful and not too long of a drive or train to the city or marion ( a larger shopping centre)Also i have heard that we have a pub coming here soon. Its right on the door step to the beach- that surprisingly doesn't get to over crowded in the summer. x x x

Guest Masadal

To date, Aldinga can have quite a few black spots for mobile phone / internet coverage - a pain if you are on the beach alot ! ! !

Guest Nicky&Andy
Hi i recently moved to Aldinga beach with my husband and LOVE it! There is a shopping centre up the road that has just recently been extended, and has two main supermarkets a few different cafe type places, hairdressers and a beauty salon, dentist, doctors its small but nice and peaceful and not too long of a drive or train to the city or marion ( a larger shopping centre)Also i have heard that we have a pub coming here soon. Its right on the door step to the beach- that surprisingly doesn't get to over crowded in the summer. x x x

ive heard the rumour of a pub too lets hope its true, it will be the making of aldinga

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tina P

Hi

I don't live in either Seaford or Aldinga Beach but if I was to choose I would say Aldinga Beach on the Sunday Estate.

If I was renting you seem to get more for your money in Aldinga and to be honest the driving distance between Seaford and Aldinga is what 5 mins ?

I'm in Mclaren Flat which at the present time (like most areas) has a few rentals and homes for sale, some at really good prices.

Good luck

Tina

We are currently renting down the road at Sellicks but now looking to buy in Aldinga area. Wouldn't go to Seaford as its built up and house prices are far greater. Aldinga Beach has a slower way of life about it which suits us. Good schools, a great little shopping centre and a superb beach. Its a little further out for work but I can live with that. Just waiting for the right house to come along then hopefully make the move.

Guest Peachie

You always get more for your money in the sticks and ages away from the city.. We work in the western suburbs and the thought of that commute everyday would ruin any enjoyment I would get from living in aldinga so grange all the way for us brill pub loads of cafes fab school west lake and shopping centre on door step buses and train line footie soccer and hockey oh there is also a great beach what more could you need???