Salisbury Heights anyone?

capers1

Hi

Im wondering if anyone can give me info re living in Salisbury heights ? We are still in the UK, and hopefully will be over at the end of the year ( we need to activate our visa by March 2012) ,

Ive been looking at different suburbs and found the recent poll very helpful. I know most people will probably want to live by the sea and i can't wait to see the spectacular beaches for myself, but the hills also look like a great place to live ??

Any advice would be greatly received re rentals , general vibe of the area etc. We are a family of 4 hubbie and i are both nurses and have 2 children aged 4 and 6 Thanks Michelle

Guest Jo&Phil
Hi

Im wondering if anyone can give me info re living in Salisbury heights ? We are still in the UK, and hopefully will be over at the end of the year ( we need to activate our visa by March 2012) ,

Ive been looking at different suburbs and found the recent poll very helpful. I know most people will probably want to live by the sea and i can't wait to see the spectacular beaches for myself, but the hills also look like a great place to live ??

Any advice would be greatly received re rentals , general vibe of the area etc. We are a family of 4 hubbie and i are both nurses and have 2 children aged 4 and 6 Thanks Michelle

I wouldn't categorise Salisbury Heights as the hills (!!?!?) :err:- might be worth looking at suburbs within a radius of the relevant hospital to your speciality (if appropriate)

Here's one of Jo's (Salisbury Massive's) posts from a while back about Salisbury Heights - hope she won't mind me copying and pasting! Salisbury Heights is a nice suburb with great views, and some extremely expensive properties! There is a big area with various suburbs whose names start with "Salisbury" - Downs, Park, Plain, South, East and North. Some are a little less than desirable, but Salisbury Heights is definitely not in that category! Here's Jo's post...

I'm in the North East suburb of Salisbury Heights. Generally given the thumbs down because it starts with Salisbury. However don't be fooled by other peoples opinions and come and have a look.

Its like living in the country but next door to suburbia, I'm only 10 minutes from the fabulous Elizabeth Shopping Centre and another 5 minutes further is Munno Para. I've got at least 6 excellent primary schools within a 10 minute drive and Golden Grove is next suburb but one. The shopping centre is 5 minutes drive and Tea Tree Plaza is 10 minutes the other way. I've got dentists, doctors, swimming pools, supermarkets, pre-schools, schools, a great local centre called Parabanks in Salisbury with a fab outdoor market. Parafield Airport is 5 minutes down the road for great shops and a massive Bunnings.

45 minutes drive to Jacobs Creek winery and 20 minutes drive takes me into the hills to Gorge Wildlife Park & the giant Rocking Horse etc. Ok its a bit of a trek to the beach. Semaphore is about 40 minutes drive but so what. I lived 10 minutes from the beach in the UK and in the summer it could take hours to drive the 5 miles to get there.

i'm very happy here.

We live in Salisbury Heights, I really wanted to be up the top of the hill but couldn't afford the house I wanted there so moved further down and we like it, we live in a quiet close neighbours are all nice have a few local shops that dont look to great but the people who own them are really nice. have a little park on our doorstep and there's a dog park too. you can walk to cobbler creek. there's a good bus service, 5 minutes drive to golden grove shopping centre 10 minutes to Elizabeth centre. 20 mins to the beach.

House prices are a good price and you get a lot more for your money we bought a 3/4 bed house with pool and nice size garden for the same prices as a small villa up the hill in golden grove. If you are further up the hill you can get some great views of the sea or the hills.

If you need any more info feel free to PM me :)