Where to live near Elizabeth?

Guest MattfromNZ

Guest MattfromNZ

Hi All!

My name is Matt (UK born, raised in NZ and now in India) and my wife and I are looking to move to Elizabeth, or the general area in August 2011.

I am told that the immediate area around Elizabeth can be a bit rough and told that Barossa Valley is nice. I will need to commute to the Elizabeth Shopping mall each day for work, so dont want to be too far away.

What is the coastal areas like? Are the beaches ok?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. We are looking at getting a 2 - 3 bed place for less than $330 a week. Is that realistic?

Cheers,

Matt

Guest moonraker1959

If you've never lived in SA before or visited,then Elizabeth probably is'nt a great choice of somewhere to live.Imagine a rough council estate in the UK?Then imagine the same thing in Adelaide but only much much bigger.There are a few private homes in Elizabeth,and yes they look nice but to be honest the surrounding suburbs can be depressing.Craigmore is ok,and within a short distance to Elizabeth SC.Some area's of Salisbury are ok,again big council estates in some area's which can be rough.And yes I know because my OH and I(first OH)started off there and could'nt wait to get out!Gawler/Willaston are nice places,as is Salisbury Heights,going into Greenwith,Modbury all within fairly easy commute.What type of shop is it?

Guest kfoley0681

there are heaps of suburbs around that are nice and $300 is a good figure for a nicer area. im in gulfview heights about 15 mins from elizabeth and thats about average price. or try looking at wynnvale or golden grove there other good ones!!!

I live in Redwood Park, great suburb with a fantastic primary school. About 15 mins from Elizabeth shopping centre, also have a look at Banksia Park, Fairview Park, Modbury Heights, Greenwith, Tea Tree Gully, Vista. These are just a few suburbs within commutable distance but very nice areas