• Short term rental accommodation, furnished rentals in port Noarlunga Adelaide, South Australia
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree10Likes

Thread: ?? Council housing

677 times
      Well we are searching for a house all over the place right now.We recently looked at a house in Christie Downs,as it looked great.Guess what!It was even better in the flesh.In fact it was the nicest house we have seen so far,and i am not messing.Also,all the houses nearby were very presentable.The price is what attracted us,because of the stigma of the area.Of course,we also saw some terrible sights when driving around a bit further afar in the same area.I live in South Brighton at present,and there are some trust houses about 200 yards away,and they are a disgrace to the area also,run down,dirty with old banger non runners outside,and Graffiti is more predominant in that vicinity.There are pockets of bad housing and people who don't respect their environment in many suburbs around Adelaide.What a shame for those who really do care,they deserve better.

269 times
      [QUOTE=ShouldIStayOrShouldIGo;183781]The SAHT tries to avoid developing ghetto areas by not having large council estates, a'la the UK. The SAHT has for years been assimilating social housing across all areas of Adelaide. Yes there is even social housing in the likes of leafy, inner city Walkerville![/QUOTE
      Since when?Have you driven around the likes of Elizabeth or Salisbury in any direction?They are HUGE council estates!When my first OH and I were married we started off in a Trust House,and believe me,some of the UK council estates are tame compared to some area's in SA!Do people believe that just because the sun is shining,everyone is a law abiding happy person???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12