Buying a house to turn into a shop

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any legal issues of why you couldn't turn a house into a shop?

I know absolutely nothing about running a shop etc but I'm tentively looking at the commercial properties and notice a lot of them are leased properties..which got me thinking about buying a house and converting it into a commercial property.

Any links about this would be great if possible

Thanks in advance.

Carol Ann

PS.. I saw this on Real estate website. This has been a house, then a shop by the looks of it... got me thinking too. Needs a fair bit of work..but I got quite excited about it. Wish I was there :-( cause it won't be by the time I get there.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=104530889&f=150&p=30&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&c=84592598&s=sa&snf=ras&tm=1199455801