Good Furnished Retals during Peak Season: BOOKED!!!!

Hi there,

This is not simply a plug for my rental business... I am booked.

To all those people who are coming here for a reccie or for good at the end of the year: There has been an absolute flood of enquiries and bookings. Much more than in previous years.

There is very little left and it's only July so it would be a very good idea to book early!!

I have looked at other rental homes like Roo Rentals, Aussielife, Margaritas etc and they all seem to be the same. I am not saying that there's anything wrong with a challet in a caravan park but it's not really a home. Hotels are very expensive so if you are doing the move....it's a good idea to secure something now before it's too late.

Tamara:rolleyes:

Well would have to agree with you there is a huge number of people who have been granted visa's and heading out end of this year or early next year all looking for rentals...

We stayed with Tyke at his place and as with all places looked after by folks on here it is such a personal experience and they really look after you and help with everything from administering first aid to my son... to suburb information, buying a car and help with anything that you could ask for.

Seems such a long time ago since we got here but it has only been 18mths...:eek:

Good luck to everyone coming out it is a roller coaster of amazing highs and lows but your on yours so try and enjoy it :jiggy:

I am really starting to worry that we aren't going to find somewhere :-((

Hoping to come over in oct/nov but waiting on 457 visa, so can't book any flights or accomodation yet as just don't know when its going to be approved. Have a 2yr old, so really don't want to be stuck in a caravan or something similar arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Guest Guest75

It does look as if there has been a sudden rush of visas and house sales.

We could have booked our rentals 10 x over for September /October.

It's all gone very tight for good furnished rentals at the minute.

I wish it was always like this,I know we have all had huge gaps earlier this year.

Between a few of us we are trying to help by sharing bookings,say two weeks at Roo's,2 weeks at Tamara's

You hopefully will find somewhere but please check them out - ensure they can provide you with an ABN (Australian Business Number) and lots of roof they do exist.

Regular posters on here with furnished rentals are good bets.

Speaking as a Mod now - we try and keep an eye out for anything shonky on the forum but in generalthe guys posting regularly on here are safe (sorry have to put that forum disclainer on)

Yep,you need a firm foundation for a short while when arriving here,and really could not get better than using the facilities offered by some of the members on here,who have furnished rentals.This is invaluable whilst finding out how the land lies,and you will get sound advice on all your major concerns.Just read some older posts from members who have recently arrived. I've never seen 'owt but praise.I'd sooner do this than arrive not knowing what is in store when i land.Best Luck.

Yep,you need a firm foundation for a short while when arriving here,and really could not get better than using the facilities offered by some of the members on here,who have furnished rentals.This is invaluable whilst finding out how the land lies,and you will get sound advice on all your major concerns.Just read some older posts from members who have recently arrived. I've never seen 'owt but praise.I'd sooner do this than arrive not knowing what is in store when i land.Best Luck.

I completely agree Sue and would love to use someone on this forum for our accomodation, but it would seem most are booked :-(

We have moved dates forward a little and are now looking at arriving around the 21/22 sept - just going to book flights in next day or so. So, if any of you kind property owners are reading this and you happen to have space, please send me a message...I will of course be trawling all your lovely sights in the meantime! Its 2 adults and a 2yr old to accomodate, given the scarcity of accomodation dont mind what area (within reason). Would be looking for 4 weeks if possibly, but anything will do, just to give us a base when we arrive.

Thanks

Hi all

Have to agree with the other property owners on here its extremely busy, we only have 2 weeks free for the rest of the year and that's it!!! many people are now booking well into next year already!!!

I have to agree with Tyke, you really need to check the property owners have an ABN etc we managed to help a family out earlier this year who had paid a lot of money for a rental then upon arrival found the property did not exist!!!

f you are getting a bit stuck have a look at http://www.stayz.com or http://www.takeabreak.com the properties may be a bit more expensive as the owners have to pay commission to the website but there may be some option on these sites also.

Good luck to all those who are looking!!!!

Kim

x

Hi

I have to say, I agree with the previous posters, we built a new house for rental in April and it has been fully booked throughout winter, without any real advertising.

We have spaces available from November onwards and have just finished building our website.. (we did it ourselves, so there are still a few things to sort out)..but please take a look .

Sarahx

Guest SusieOR
Hi

I have to say, I agree with the previous posters, we built a new house for rental in April and it has been fully booked throughout winter, without any real advertising.

We have spaces available from November onwards and have just finished building our website.. (we did it ourselves, so there are still a few things to sort out)..but please take a look .

Sarahx

We would love to do this when we get out there... get a house & rent it out!!! Although dont know how it would work...

Have to say I am worrying about where we will stay out there... hoping to arrive Oct/Nov but cant book anything till sorted our house for rent so dont know exact dates yet!!!

Guest Kat+Rocco
I am really starting to worry that we aren't going to find somewhere :-((Hoping to come over in oct/nov but waiting on 457 visa, so can't book any flights or accomodation yet as just don't know when its going to be approved. Have a 2yr old, so really don't want to be stuck in a caravan or something similar arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Hi beck we are in exactly the same position waiting for 457 and unable to book anything yet and now worrying as come the time we need to book there will be nothing left!!!! Would love to stay in a holiday rental like Tamaras but they are all booked out!!

Hi beck we are in exactly the same position waiting for 457 and unable to book anything yet and now worrying as come the time we need to book there will be nothing left!!!! Would love to stay in a holiday rental like Tamaras but they are all booked out!!

Hi Kat,

Its awful being in limbo isn't it, then with the added pressure of once the 457 is approved the sponsor will want you out there asap. In the end we have just gone for it and booked flights for sept 23rd. Also managed to get a let with one of the peeps that advertise on here as they had a no show for deposit, so let us have the space. So, fly in 9 weeks, lodged visa 2 weeks ago, so fingers crossed we get it before we fly!!! If not, we will have to go out on a tourist visa and wait it out on the other side!

Good luck with everything. how far into the visa process are you?

I am really starting to worry that we aren't going to find somewhere :-((

Hoping to come over in oct/nov but waiting on 457 visa, so can't book any flights or accomodation yet as just don't know when its going to be approved. Have a 2yr old, so really don't want to be stuck in a caravan or something similar arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Hi Beck we put our app in on the 7th, have you tracked yours online and what did it say ?

Hi Beck we put our app in on the 7th, have you tracked yours online and what did it say ?

Thats the same date as ours. Can't track it online as company are using a solicitor to do all the application and I can't seem to get a TRN out of them :-( I am finding the whole process very frustrating to say the least....I am not the most patient of people LOL. Just hope we get the visa before we fly! Company are pre approved sponsor, so i am hoping that will reduce the process time a bit.

sorry, just realised ours was lodged on the 6th - but only 1 day in it!
If you go on the diac website and try to track it it will ask the TRN number,underneath you can click dont know it,this takes you to another page where you fill in your name Dob and passport number and they will email the number ,ours came the next day.When you get the number you can then track it.It took a long time to find the tracking part but it is there ,good luck Jim

Guest Viksta

We have literally just got our visa today and as i'm a teacher and we have to validate by july 4th next year i'm hoping to come out really quickly during these summer hols, so in about 3 weeks if we can get a flight?? Are we likely to get nothing to rent???

We have literally just got our visa today and as i'm a teacher and we have to validate by july 4th next year i'm hoping to come out really quickly during these summer hols, so in about 3 weeks if we can get a flight?? Are we likely to get nothing to rent???

Hi Viksta, congrats on getting the visa. Exciting times ahead!

I think you will get somewhere, but it is certainly harder to book and I would say start looking as soon as you know your dates. It depends what your budget and requirements are too. We have a 2yr old, so needed somewhere that could accomodate him and give him room to play etc. There are loads of apartments in or near the CBD if thats your thing, but they are quite expensive.

Good luck with the hunt.

Jimmyskinner - thanks for the link. I have filled in the request, so hopefully I'll get something back from them.

Guest Kat+Rocco
Hi Kat,Its awful being in limbo isn't it, then with the added pressure of once the 457 is approved the sponsor will want you out there asap. In the end we have just gone for it and booked flights for sept 23rd. Also managed to get a let with one of the peeps that advertise on here as they had a no show for deposit, so let us have the space. So, fly in 9 weeks, lodged visa 2 weeks ago, so fingers crossed we get it before we fly!!! If not, we will have to go out on a tourist visa and wait it out on the other side!Good luck with everything. how far into the visa process are you?
We can't even put our visa application through yet until my registration comes through from AHPRA which is supposed to be before 21st August!!? Then my employer is going to send off 1st stage of 457. The hospital want me to start 19th sept!! And we haven't even sold the house and th mortgage company won't let us rent it out!! I am beyond stresses at the minute :0(