Suburbs

Guest natalie82

Guest natalie82

My family and i are moving to Adelaide in Oct my husband will be working in Port Adelaide. Does anyone know of any nice suburbs around that are or within 20 min commute? Reasonably priced would be great I did like Mclaren Vale/Reynella but also looked at Paralowie but until i arrive any advice would be fab. Thanks Natalie

Guest Guest5035

Mclaren vale would be around 80 minutes, Reynella about 1 hour, both on a good run, hardly any traffic. Paralowie would be around 20 minutes. Other areas which are good and close would be West Lakes, Tennyson, Grange and Semaphore along with Largs Bay and North Haven all within a 15/20 minute drive. Prices can vary with the suburb. Best to rent for 6 months and have a good drive round and get a feel. i live at Wynn Vale/Golden Grove around a steady 30 minute drive away.

stevo

Guest helene73
not sure whether you know of realestate.com.au

theres a cracking 2 storey on my street so cheap at $435k

stevo

And you can get a free iPhone app for it, I am addicted lol :)

Guest Peachie

I would Like to add west lakes shore to steveo's list as has a very nice feel and a nice primary school

natalie you never said it you wanted trendy with loads of pubs etc or family friendy and what facilities you want close to home as this will be a deal breaker

Guest natalie82

Definitely Family Friendly, close to primary schools, good facilities for children after school/clubs/swimming. Good public transport and shopping center maybe, I don't want much haha. xx

Guest Peachie

Of all the areas discussed I would go west lake shore, west lakes, grange (I will be moving to grange soon) best primarys in the area are west lake shore and grange both zoned (see DECS web site) but these areas not the cheapest but prices more favourable in the last few months depends on how big you need your house and if you want a large or small garden There are loads of parks tennis courts etc swimming is at the beach, north adelaide or Thebarton There are soccer aussie rules and hockey clubs all local the shopping center is at west lakes public transport is bues 117 118 at west lake shore grange has train and buses H30 H31, B10 B12 288 west lakes shopping centre has fast no stop bues to city etc 157x but is you want a cheaper area and not happy with schools you can go private (much cheaper here ) catholic primary about $2500 p/a incl trips swimming and book packs

hope this helps

ps google earth is brill for checking out areas as real estate for houses also domain