moving out

Guest guest1255

Guest guest1255

hi we are due to move into our new house at the end of august. does anyone know if the agencie we are renting from are allowed to show interested groups of people around the house while we are still living in it and also while we are not present? i feel as if it is a bit of an invasion of privacy...and i do have a lot of expensive gear in the house!!

thanks folks

tracey x:arghh:

Guest The Dimmocks

My friend left their rental early and had viewings whilst they were still living their. Her husband stayed in the house whilst the viewing took place and just walked around with everyone else.

Guest guest1255

ive agreed to show them around and the agency are happy enough with that. im just not comfy with folk poking around while im out.thanks for replying folks x

• 3 weeks later...
Guest barkers18

tess, did you get many people through the property? did the agent get the property rented straight away after you? the reason i ask is we're in sheidow and looking to break our lease soon and obviously we want someone in straight away to lessen our costs for breaking the lease

Guest guest1255

hiya.....we haven't broken a lease we just didnt renew it when it was up, and we will be due to leave on 21st sept atm.......the agents have brought a few folk round and we have shown a couple of families around too. its quite an expensive property to rent and i think that has put some folk off......and the landlord is apparently quite fussy about who he wants to let it to as he has turned a couple of families down!!!.....but on the whole i think there is a lot of folk wanting to rent in the sheidow park area. good luck xx

Hi Agents can show people around while you are still living there but usually it is done in conjunction with the tenant. very rarely do people go into houses without tenants unless it has been oked. Remind them what happens if things go missing. Also get intouch with the tenancy tribuneral to get confirmation of your rights. You are protected.

Correct it seems that the agent you have has got a real problem - problem with communication and flexiblity skills. They should not be allowed to enter unless sufficient notification and you agreed with it.