Aldgate/bridgewater/stirling

Guest LOUISE HANNAH

Guest LOUISE HANNAH

Hello,

Is there anyone out there living in these areas, we passed through whilst on a reckie last year and we still keep coming back to the hills. We are looking to move here in August and would appreciate any info from anyone from anyone about the ares and schools etc. We have two teenage boys who we would like to enrol in Heathfield High School

Louise x

Guest cunnah10
Hello,

Is there anyone out there living in these areas, we passed through whilst on a reckie last year and we still keep coming back to the hills. We are looking to move here in August and would appreciate any info from anyone from anyone about the ares and schools etc. We have two teenage boys who we would like to enrol in Heathfield High School

Louise x

Just wanted to say HI as we too are hoping to moving out to Adelaide in August!

Can't help you with info on these areas though!Sorry!

Gill

Guest cunnah10

Yes very scary the whole thing!I'm full of every possible emotion at the moment!One day i'm so excited and positive about it all then the next day i'm questioning if we are doing the right thing.I am riddled with terrible guilt leaving my devastated elderly ill parents and taking their 4 beloved grandchildren to the other side of the world wondering will they ever see them again plus we now have to leave our eldest son behind as he has since applying become a dad himself and can no longer be included on our application and then we have the worry of giving up a good secure well paid job here in the UK to go to start a new life in Adelaide with no job to go to!Just fingers crossed hubby gets one!!!Or else we are snookered!!!

What is your situation?whereabouts in Lancashire are you from?

Guest massive

Hi Gill

I'll just introduce myself first Iam debbie and my husband is ste we've got two cildren 2.5 and 10 and we live in Frodsham whicc isn't far from you we're going to the northwest meet so we'll see you there but for now i think its save to say that we all bounce between excitment and sheer terror but at the end of the day i tell myself you only get one life and its what you don't do that you regret the most!!!! if this doesnt help i can recommend a great therapist !!

see you on the 27th

debbie

Guest cunnah10
Hi Gill

I'll just introduce myself first Iam debbie and my husband is ste we've got two cildren 2.5 and 10 and we live in Frodsham whicc isn't far from you we're going to the northwest meet so we'll see you there but for now i think its save to say that we all bounce between excitment and sheer terror but at the end of the day i tell myself you only get one life and its what you don't do that you regret the most!!!! if this doesnt help i can recommend a great therapist !!

see you on the 27th

debbie

Cheers Debbie!make a lot of sense and yes we do only get one life!Sometimes one has to take the risks to come out the other side!Looking Forward to chatting to everybody on the 27th you will have to make yourself known to me as i'm chatting away to quite a few of you now that i',m bound to get confused who is who(especially if hubby agrees to drive and i have a few glasses of wine!Which seems to be the answer to all my worries at the mo!Get much braver with a few inside of me!)

Gill

Guest LOUISE HANNAH
Yes very scary the whole thing!I'm full of every possible emotion at the moment!One day i'm so excited and positive about it all then the next day i'm questioning if we are doing the right thing.I am riddled with terrible guilt leaving my devastated elderly ill parents and taking their 4 beloved grandchildren to the other side of the world wondering will they ever see them again plus we now have to leave our eldest son behind as he has since applying become a dad himself and can no longer be included on our application and then we have the worry of giving up a good secure well paid job here in the UK to go to start a new life in Adelaide with no job to go to!Just fingers crossed hubby gets one!!!Or else we are snookered!!!

What is your situation?whereabouts in Lancashire are you from?

Were from near Colne in Lancashire, I know what you mean regarding the emotions, were very anxious as to jobs also, but we also leave our parents behind, who are not so keen to come and see us hence the long distance, they are already telling my kids that they will never see them again, a bit of emotional blackmail there, but we know that they will have a far better way of life in OZ, and the time will fly by now

Louise

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Louise x

Hi Louise.

We live in Stirling. I don’t want to describe any thing as it takes me about 20 minutes to type anything and 15 minutes to check for spelling, but if you would like to know any thing specific,ask and I will I will do my by best to describe it (or as best as I can since all I know is that it nice and it has a Pub) we have 2 squids, a girl (16) and a boy (14), basically they like here because its easy to get to the city !!

Ken

Guest zx6roo

Hi Louise,

When I first moved t Australia I lived on the Mylor side of Bridgewater. I still live in the area and love it :jiggy: Kangaroos & koalas frequent my garden nightly. The kangaroos just scared the crap out of me half an hour ago when I went to close a door and they were looking in, LOL. My mum lives there now and walks her huge dog everyday so you are bound to see her... say hi, she's been here about 6yrs yr and loves to chat & meet people.

I love the hills. Have to watch out for fires. In Bridgy we had a fie that took the fence and half the garden befre it was put out. I learnt big time from that and now have a full sprinkler system on the house & around the perimeter, 4 large water tanks with plety of rain water for the supply.

My brother-in-laws went to Heathfield about 7yrs ago when the head was expelled for selling dope to the kids. Is okay school now though. My daughter goes to a private school in Belair (cheap & v. good).

As for location I think it's the best. You are central to everything, no matter which direction you go in you can turn left or right and go somewhere within 30-40mins. Learn the back roads, they are extremely handy. (excuse any missing letters, key board being stupid).

Don't shop at the Coles in bridgey as they generally only have 1 or 2 ppl on the till and it takes forever. Stirling has a Wolworthes that is good, I used to shop there heaps. If you want pets this is a good area.

I've lived in Mt Brker, Hanhdorf, Bridgey and various other places except down on the flats. There is something about the hills that I love :notworthy:

If there is anythingspecific you want to know feel free to email me. I've been for 16yrs now and love it. Forget what everyone says about the weird weather we are having right now because it happened in 98/99 when my daugter was born, I remember it very well as my family joked about me telling them to come out at xmas fo the great weather so they missed it, hehehe.

Guest zx6roo

with the 30-40min thing I meant to Victor harbour, Willunga or the other way to Birdwood or Strathabon. Bridgey is 15mins to the city, 15mins to Blackwood/Belair, 10mins to mt Barker.

Broadband is a little rare in that area but getting there. If you don't have it you are best to contact Telstra *SHIVER* as they have a legal bill whereby they have to supply you with it if you ask. Don't ask me about Telstra as I have huge issues with them for the past 6 months so it' a biased out look (althoug a lot of others will agree however... they are useful if you need it).

The bus service is good, there are two in the area. A coach that comes from Mt Barker and a bus service that starts in Aldgate. No passenger trains up that way. If you buy a house see if you can go when a train comes past. Some of the frieght trains are shocking but depending where you live it can last for only a few seconds or 10minutes. Doesn't matter where you live in the hills you can hear them. My mum lives right by the line so it can be very noisy for a couple of mins but once it's past that's it whereas when I was further away I could hear it squeal for ages.

Heaps of kookaburras up there too.

Guest LOUISE HANNAH

Hello Ken,

Thanks for the reply, I think that our heart is set on this area, we cant wait to get there, and as you say, its not far from the city.

Louise

Guest LOUISE HANNAH

Thanks for the information, sounds like most of these areas are great, cant wait to get there, the kids will love it, there faces will be a picture when they get to see a kangaroo! we also have a dog so were looking forward to some good walks also.

Thank again

Louise