Caravan Park recommendation

Karen_Jon

Hi, well we are coming over in April for a week (I know not long enough!!) and have struggled to secure a rental property for such a short time (most want 2 weeks minimum), so now we have been researching caravan parks.

I'm seeking your thoughts on the Brighton Caravan Park and Holiday Village - anybody been? recommend it?

We have also looked at the Adelaide Shores Caravan Park but it was working out at A$180 / 140 Brit pounds a night - yikes!

We don't really want to go down the hotel route, as we want to get a feel for living there for our short stay - do a weekly shop and the like.

I welcome your input, Karen

We have used www.stayz.com found them cheaper than a cabin or caravan, also most cabins/vans also charge extra for bed linen $10-$15 per person and the tariff is usually for 2 people, so again you are charged extra for your kids etc. The 4 of us stayed in a modern 3 bed townhouse in West Lakes at a cost of $800 for the week and that was thru Stayz.

Guest AmberOz

Hi Christies beach caravan park is fairly good. Right on the beachfront, is walking distance to lots of shops and cafe's and has fairly cheap rates. Hope this helps

Hi Hope you enjoy your short stay, we will have touched base by then perm. we went over july this year and stayed at west beach and found it perfect. are you taking children?. its a good central coastal location and pretty close to the airport, with fab facilities. we were on a tour bus, so im not sure if or how much chalets or vans are money wise or availability. but i do recomend it. we paid $50 per night for the pitch, which included electricity, water, bathroom facilities, barbies, play areas. buses stopped outside, but you realy need transport.

We hired the bus from Maui, they have a branch in Adelaide, the staff are great. we hired a platinum forrest in Victoria and toured our way up the great coast road.

Hi Jay and Marie, tell me more! I'm intrigued, never considered renting a van and driving around - that would be fun. Would it work with a 20 month old baby and a 7 year old? I'd love to knwo your thoughts and where abouts in Manchester you are. You can always private message me if you like. By West Beach are you referring to Adelaide Shores? we looked at that site and it looks lovely but a little pricey. As we are only staying for a week, thought we might try and keep the cost down a little, then we have more in our funds for our permanent move.

Please tell mw more about the rental and where you drove it? Are they easy to drive? fully equipped?

Cheers, Karen

Hi Karen & Jon, sorry for late reply, DSC_0399.jpghere's a couple of pics firs the camper van, this one sleeps 6 but is comfy for 4 http://www.maui.com.au/motorhome-hire/platinum-campervans-forest

The second picture is standing on the road bridge at Henly beach over the Torrens outlet, 20 mins walk up the beach from west beach. the camp site I referred to is Adelaide shores on west beach, sorry about that. We are in Stretford dispersing our belongings ready for the life swap..

I think your young one would be ok in a van as its just like car in the front, so baby seat would be no problem. anyway have a look at the link above they do lots of vehicles with good info. It cost us about £2500.00 for nearly 3 weeks which included fully comp insurance. it wasnt a cheap trip all in all we went through £7000.00 including flights, our kids are older and were classed as adults, so its not a cheap do. the whole process has cost lots as im sure you are aware. In fact we are risking everything we have worked for the last 20 years, but we considder it a gamble worth taking !!!

The van is basically a merc sprinter van fully converted, automatic gears and a doddle to drive on the open roads, 2.2 diesel and reasonable on fuel. Its a little more tricky in the cities but their on the same side of the road as us, so not a nightmare.

We travelled the Great Ocean Road from Victoria to Adelaide, then the western highway back visiting various places including Alarat and Ballarat. Either of these routes could be done in 1 very long day, but we split them over several days, stopping at attractions on route, twelve apostles ect. Have fun.

I have loads of pics newspapers ect from our visit. if we can help we will. thanks Jay

DSC_0007.jpg