Family of 5 looking for short term rental (furnished) 19/Oct till 18/Nov- Please help

Guest lkaddoumi

Guest lkaddoumi

Hello there, hope you are all fine!

For a long time I used be only a reader in this blog and it always helped me a lot since the time we lodge our application (back in 2009). You are great!!

We have got our visa granted in May this year and we are making our big move to Adelaide this coming 19/Oct.

At this moment I have decided to post this thread to get some help...

We are a family of 5 (2 adults + 3 kids - 14y, 4y, 1y). We need to find a furnished property where we can stay for up to 1 month. During this time we will look for a long term rental and will be the time that our shipment will arrive.

The big question here is: How can we find a good place, family friendly, were we can enroll our kids in a good government school, search for job, search for a new home, affordable, etc.. if we don't know yet were we are going to work?

We really didn't want to go too much far from the CBD, which apparently is where most of the jobs are??

Can someone help us here? If you could give us some hints on best locations and also if there is someone who can offer a furnished property (ideally 3 bedrooms but 2 bedrooms will be fine as well). Our budget is around $500 pw but we can stretch it a little bit more if the place is really good and in a convenient place.

Thanks a lot for your time and we are counting down the days to join you guys there!! :wink:

Warm Regards,

Luciana