Putting our beautiful house up for sale!

Guest guest3462

Guest guest3462

Hi all,

I think I have found our long term house and we are hoping to get our offer accepted next week, so we need to put our house up for sale.

Has anybody got any tips for getting it ready for sale (its only 2 years old so structurally sound and pleasing to the eye!) We don't want to spend a fortune on decor but want to dress it to please the eye!!

I'm not very useful when it comes to interior design so our house is pretty much still a blank canvas!! Any ideas or tips would be gratefully received!!!

Plus if any of you lovely folks out there are looking for a family sized (290sqm), beautiful 4 bedroomed house on a large 750sqm block with a lovely garden, close to the beach in the Sunday estate in Aldinga, drop me a pm and come and have a look!!!

Will post links as soon as we are up and running with a real estate agent too.

Thanks

Julia

When a friend sold hers they had one of these experts that came round who advised them to have minimal furniture in the bedrooms - no clutter - which makes the rooms look bigger. They had chests of drawers against the walls at the end of the beds and were advised to move those, put them in the garage or something, so that the first impression was of space.

Hi Julia

I think how you dress a house can really help you sell it. I like to use cushions, throws and pictures. Try and use plain bedding with different coloured cushions and then pick a throw with same colours....then you can tie in with a picture with similar colours. Just a few items can really make a difference.

Definitely de-clutter - especially in the kitchen, take personal items out of bedrooms and bathroom. Just having fresh brightly matching towels can make all the difference in bathrooms and just find a co-ordinating vase make it pleasing to the eye.

If you have a blank canvas - it should be relatively easy and cheap to do - Target, Kmart and spotlight are great for all those things - it wont cost alot to create a good look.

Good luck

Sarahx

Guest guest3462

Thanks Sarah, the biggest dilemma I have is the fourth bedroom. It is a large double and at the moment is the "spare" but obviously would be Islas room when she moves out of ours...so, do I dress it as a double room with queen bed and accessories or as a large nursery or keep all the nursery furniture in their boxes???

I would definitely dress it as double bedroom with queeen bed - 4 double bedrooms is much better for selling purposes.

Sarah ............... you should do this for a business you have such a good eye for dressing a room ........ I've seen the pics of your houses remember!!! You have such good taste! You could combine it with your refurb/rejuvination/restoration skills. Do it!! You'd be great at it!!

Sharon

PS was nice to catch up yesterday! see you when I get back!

Guest doje6863

Its a very difficult market at the moment. Our totally renovated beautiful 4 bed home on 850sq mtrs in Seaford Rise has attracted only one stupid offer since its been on the market (four weeks now). We have bought our dream house so we are probably going to take this one off the market and rent it out. Is that an option for you?

donna

Guest guest3462

We want to sell this one then in a year or 2 buy a smaller property in view of renting it out. This one would be a bad investment for rental, as potential rent would not cover the mortgage.