Cheque/cash/transfer?

Guest button

Hello,

I'm pretty new to the forum, and have tried searching but can't find an answer for my question so hoping someone can help please.

Hoping to sign up to a bank account and wondering how to people usually pay their rent - is it a direct debit, cheque, cash, bank transfer? Also the same for the deposit please? Wondering what my best way of having the money readily available for this is?

I've rented a couple of places but never in Australia, and not too recently.

Thanks a million!

we were given a payment book for our first rental & we could go into the bank & pay cash over the counter.. for Our 2nd rental, we paid fortnightly via internet banking, which gave us total control over when the payments were made. (just had to make sure we didnt forget to pay)

Some agents will have direct debit facilities that you can arrange but I preferred to be in control of the payments rather than the agent, jusst incase there are any problems/disputes.

Thanks so much, that's settled my mind. I figured those kind of options made sense, just got a bit worried when I saw cheque books appearing as options with the banks. I haven't used a cheque in around 10 years!

Appreciate the help :)