Advice re Price range for house rents please!!!!

Guest SamAndLucy

Guest SamAndLucy

My partner and I are moving to Adelaide next week(!) We are looking to rent an apartment or house near the beach or to the north of the city centre as I am due to start work at the Lyell Mcewin hospital in October. We are looking at an upper price range of $400PW for a 1-2 bed place fully furnished. Do you think this is too stingey or about right for somewhere nice? All advice welcome xxxx :err:

Guest Adelaide_bound

We'#re not there yet, and not looking for same thing/area, but we've budgeted a max of $400/week for our long term rental, hopefully for 2-3 bed, but not furnished - and seem to find loads on http://www.realestate.com.au/rent - as we don't know what area yet though, its harder to be exact....have a little search ( think there is a furnished option to tick) should be helpful :)

Guest SamAndLucy

Hello, thanks for the reply. yes we have looked at that site, it has some good options. I think furnished is a bit more per week but that makes me think we are in the right ball park so thanks for the info. good luck with your house hunting!!

Guest hrubieszowianka

I would say that your price limit is fine. The issue is in going to see the properties when they "open" and then applying for them - long application forms. We found ours through realestate.com.au , but Advertiser on Saturday is also a good way of looking for rentals and even houses for sale.

Guest RH Glenelg
thats very useful thanks very much. Yes we have realised that you have to be available for when they are 'open'. We will buy a paper when we get there! Thanks for the info xx

Some Agents are conducting inspections by appointments, if there is not an open time on the ad email or phone them and most will be happy to arrange a time to suit.

Guest gymnast11

hello we are going to adelaide 27th nov, and looked at rentals furnished and most of them are anything from 500 pw and its cheaper to get unfurnished for around 350 pw im on every site going and vip members on realestate .com and still nothing, hope you find somethink soon or u will av to do what im doing get dropped off at the nearest beach and buy a pop up tent ha ha good luck and live the dream x michelle x

Thanks thats a good tip we will give them a call then

Hi ,, we looked at long term rentals on the web sites before we came, and listened to lots of advice on here...... We secured a short term rental for 4 weeks, to give ourselves plenty of time to find a long term rental in the right area.. We organised, references from our current rental at that time, from the uk (we had sold our house and rented for 6months) . We printed of bank statements and job offers, and a covering letter telling the vendors, a little something about you guys and what visa you are on (advice given on pomz in adelaide). When you are looking at rentals over here bare in mind its open viewings and about 6 other familes will be looking with you!! so all that prep work before hand will stand you in good stead... We have secured a 4/5 bed long term rental in hallett cove for $500 a week,, its not furnished,, but the area is fantastic, the high school is good for both emily and william, And its 20 min drive away from ians work.

good luck with you move, hope it all goes well.

sandford x :biggrin:

My partner and I are moving to Adelaide next week(!) We are looking to rent an apartment or house near the beach or to the north of the city centre as I am due to start work at the Lyell Mcewin hospital in October. We are looking at an upper price range of $400PW for a 1-2 bed place fully furnished. Do you think this is too stingey or about right for somewhere nice? All advice welcome xxxx :err:

i think is reasonable. i know someone might have unit available which is 30 min drive from hosp, cheers, u can check it out yrself, 0435472962

Hello, thanks for the reply. yes we have looked at that site, it has some good options. I think furnished is a bit more per week but that makes me think we are in the right ball park so thanks for the info. good luck with your house hunting!!
Hi we are moving out of a fully furnished apartment right on the beach at Kingston park , we have had it 2 weeks and its perfect, we paid $700 a week but we could get it for less if we wanted it longer, its really clean and got absolutely everything including washer and gas bbq, if you want the details pm me