do we 3 month rent b4 we arrive, or 2-4 week apartment then 6-12month rent or

Guest ras

Myself hubby and 5 year old will be arriving around 2nd week of December, as we havent got jobs to come to we are unsure of what are actual salary income will be......... we want minimul disruption for our daughter.

As we are arriving christmas the nightly prices are ridiculous, so we were wondering does anyone do a 3 month rental? This would give us time to find job / school/ area to live in...........my fear is I dont want to get my daughter settled then upsticks, so do we bite the bullet and do the nightly rate accommodation until we find jobs? As the agencies are closed over Christmas I am guesing we woulnt be in anywhere for good until mid/end Jan.:unsure::wink:

( I don't even know if I make sense of this post myself) !! It's been a long week ! x

Google and you may find something, have a look on real estate.com.au, then follow the agent links and email them or ring directly you never know what you might find . You need to do more research ,it's going to be difficult if you can't decide on where you want to live, and settle. It Can be a catch 22, where do you settle,rent,schools etc.. . You might be best getting a holiday rental for 4-8 weeks in that time you can get a feel of your surroundings, enquire about jobs etc.. . School wise research the areas/ schools around where you are looking.

You might have to live that little bit further out and commute that extra 10-15mins,however this does have it's advantages too.

Have a look on here,read some older posts ,there is some very helpful info on here,

We loved the area where we rented our holiday let,down south, 40 mins away from the cbd, we have everything we need without having to go up north in to the city,but if we need to we can get there.

I think some of the properties Donna Jacobs rents are happy to look at 3-month rentals, and are probably cheaper if you do that. Have a look at her website: http://www.realestateowners.net.au/
Hi ,we rented from Donna when we arrived it was a fantastic place and cost $700 a week and had absolutely everything you need including bbq,highly recommended.

I wouldn't hesitate too long. It's incredible how everything has gotten so filled up. There are also quite a few members on PIA who offer furnished rentals - see http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/links/short-term-furnished-rentals-48/ Also http://www.adelaideshorttermrentals.com.au A lot of these are self managed by owners so prices are direct to you.