Pet-friendly accommodation?

Guest oidara

Hello!

Does anyone know of short-term accommodation that allows pets? Ideally in the hills somewhere near Hahndorf/Mt Barker. If not, somewhere near the coast (Noarlunga) may be okay, but the hills is our first choice. Seems like not a lot of options out there according to my searching so far.

Thanks!

Guest zamunda

what kind of pets do you have?

This is an interesting thread to watch as we are planning on moving to SA next year with our two Rotties. We too will be looking for pet friendly places :)

Hello. Yes, I think she will be in quarantine for one month, but we're thinking it might take it longer than that for us to get on our feet and find somewhere longer term, so it would be nice to have the option for her to come and join us in that case!

Don't just search for pet friendly, as many do not state this but may well accept Pets. Unless a rental says NO PETS then they are often willing to consider pets depending on numbers/size etc. Once you are on the ground searching for long term unfurnished is much easier. For the short term ones just fire them an e-mail and ask, they could just ask for an extra bond to cover the dog. TBH young children cause more damage than well behaved pets IMHO!!

Also you might find places that only allow outside dogs as it is common to keep dogs outside in Oz and maybe just into one room in the house.

TBH young children cause more damage than well behaved pets IMHO!!

Well, we also have 3 kids, currently aged 4, 2 and 2 weeks, so we're ideal tenants! :wink:

Thanks for the tips. Hopefully the long-term rental won't be so tricky.

Guest zamunda
Hi,

We have a large black Lab. Hope you manage to find somewhere for your 4-legged friends too!

Coming from Africa our kids have to be in quarantien for 7 months :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrsHills

I think most places in Hills are willing to take dogs as we like to think ourselves as being "Country". Every week the local paper the Courier

http://courier.net.au/ has private rentals listed, if you email the paper and ask them to email you the rentals bit, then give the advertisers a call. I know that www.stewartjames.com.au are a local real estate and they do have short term rentals, email them as well if they havent got any dont be afraid to ask if they know of any estate agents who may be able to help.

Thanks very much Kris. I really appreciate that you would mention that i have pet frindly properties.

There are very few pet friendly properties available.

It also takes a little longer to rent a long term rental as not all long term lets allow pets, so it's best to book for long enough to ensure that you get a good house in a good area when you leave your furnished rental.

Tamara

• 2 months later...