Glenelg North?....

leelee53

Guest Squareman

Plenty, we have one in the Pat and in the sea. Some friends of ours were swimming just a few metres offshore recently when a dolphin came right up to them. You can also go on a cruise and actually swim with them.

Oh wow! That's it, Im sold on the place!! I've been wanting to swim with them for many years. Can I ask, what's the Pat? How long have you lived there?

Also, a non dolphin related Q, do you know of any 11 aside football teams in the area? My OH is keen to carry on playing1 Thanks alot :wink:

oh... except the price!! Housing is expensive - but worth it if you can afford it - plus beachside and close to the city is never going to drop drastically. Just be careful if you are looking at a rental that you have enough car parking spaces - in summer the streets around Glenelg fill up with tourists, so you'll want your own dedicated parking spots.

Oh wow! That's it, Im sold on the place!! I've been wanting to swim with them for many years. Can I ask, what's the Pat? How long have you lived there?

Also, a non dolphin related Q, do you know of any 11 aside football teams in the area? My OH is keen to carry on playing1 Thanks alot :wink:

West Beach Football Club are based literally 5 minutes from Glenelg North in Lockleys. Great social club with a good mixture of British and Aussie lads. Pre-season starts in February I think or come along whenever you arrive. PM me for more info.

I lived in Glenelg North on the Esplanade for a couple of years (before we had kids though). Nice area, walking distance to all the nightlife of Glenelg, easy access to the city. The only things to watch out for are:

- some parts are near the airport/flight path/end of the runway. Must admit we got used to the noise pretty quickly though

- some parts are near the sewage works at the top end of the beach/underneath the flight path/golf course area, so if the wind is in the wrong direction it can be a bit smelly!

- the King Street bridge over the Pat (the Patawalonga River) has been shut for months for renovations, so the coastal strip of Glenelg North is cut off from the rest of Glenelg by road, which makes driving a bit of a pain in that area. Also means all northbound traffic has to go on Tapleys Hill Road Don't know how much longer the works will be going on for

- Tapleys Hill Road is very busy/noisy especially at rush hour so try not to live too close to it

We too chose to buy a property in Glenelg North and love the place. We can walk it to the gym, bars, restaurants, shops, seafront. It is just the best place to live. Never had any problems parking. Just imagine a fantastic unspoilt small seaside resort with a marina and that is Glenelg. It has a number of good schools and although expensive for rentals and to buy you get what you pay for. It is a short tram ride into the the city (10km) and the road link into the city is never too busy. You can run, cycle, walk along the lovely coastline going north all the way to Largs Bay without much traffic and south you can get to the next lovely seaside area called Brighton. We are runners and members of a fantastic running club here in Glenelg, and we have friends who play football are differing levels in teams all around here. We are also keen cyclists and have just got involved with a great cycling group based in Glenelg. If want any help with advice/rentals etc etc just shout.

Good luck

I know we are biased because we live here but to be honest, you wont go wrong with Glenelg.

• 2 months later...