Rental in Adelaide

Guest jacknicholson

Guest jacknicholson

Hi there, first time on here and i hope you can help!

I arrive with my wife in Adelaide on 16th January. I have accepted a job who have organised accommodation for 2 weeks upon arrival, after that we are on our own!

We are looking for a rental, long term is fine, anywhere really, we were looking at Glenelg but it could be nearer the city.

I was womdering what was needed to secure a property, documents etc? Can anyone help? We have been renting here in the UK and have all the paperwork associated. What would the agent like tos ee.

Also, how long does it normally take between seeing a property and moving in?

Is there competition for apartments and a offer process or can it be fairly smooth?

Really appreciate your time in helping me

Jack

Welcome! and

http://www.realestate.com.au is our main real estate website for searching for rentals. The Saturday Advertiser (newspaper) is a good source for private rentals.

If you have a rental history then it is good to have some references (your short term rental may be able to help). If you don’t have a rental history then some agents do ask to see some bank records as proof that you can pay the rent. Your employer should provide you with a letter stating that you are employed with them. (If you have that then you may not need to show them bank statements).

Some properties are listed well in advance like a month and some only a week or so. The website usually tells you when the available date is. The real estate agents prefer to have viewing times where everyone goes at once to view and then you put an application in.

Glenelg is likely to be competitive at that time because of the warmer weather but there could be areas nearby that are available.

• 1 month later...
Hi there, first time on here and i hope you can help!

I arrive with my wife in Adelaide on 16th January. I have accepted a job who have organised accommodation for 2 weeks upon arrival, after that we are on our own!

We are looking for a rental, long term is fine, anywhere really, we were looking at Glenelg but it could be nearer the city.

I was womdering what was needed to secure a property, documents etc? Can anyone help? We have been renting here in the UK and have all the paperwork associated. What would the agent like tos ee.

Also, how long does it normally take between seeing a property and moving in?

Is there competition for apartments and a offer process or can it be fairly smooth?

Really appreciate your time in helping me

Jack

i just wonered if you had found somewhere i am wanting to break my lease on a three bed house in warradale please send me a pm if interested it is five minutes from glenelg