Finding rental in Flagstaff/Aberfoyle

bodders71

Hi. We're arriving in Adelaide on a 475 visa on 10th Jan 2012. We don't have jobs lined up yet but want to find a rental as quickly as possible in the Flagstaff Hill/Aberfoyle Park are as wife will be trying to find a job, preferably at Flinders Uni. Here's a few questions then:

Does anybody know of any rentals availale in that area at that time around $400 pw?

What are the chances of us getting a rental through an agency if we're not employed at the time? Seems like a bit of a catch 22 for us in that we want to get a rental asap and get kids settled in school asap before getting jobs finalised (although if we can get something in the meantime so much the better) but I don't know where an agency would stand regarding references/credit scoring etc. How do we convince them that we are polite, careful professionals with a lovely family and that we will be working in good jobs? Would paying 6 months rent up front help?

Any advice on how to deal with finding a rental will be much appreciated!!!

Cheers, Tim

Guest darlo 2 adelaide

Hi

My house is up for rent (i'm breaking my lease and am leaving around that time), its advertised on realestate.com, best thing to do is call some letting agencies and ask what is required for leasing a home, or email them. Don;t tell them you're not in the country yet as they will probably not respond, they'll let you know straight.

PS flinders uni is at the bottom of the blackwood/bellevue heights hill. My rental is currently advertised for 395pw.

Hi Tim,

We live in Aberfoyle Park and I work in real estate. You should have no trouble getting a rental once you get here. There are loads to let at the moment. $400 is average rent for this area. You will need some temporary accommodation for about 3 weeks to give yourselves chance to find where you want to be. The agents/property managers, like to meet you before they decide whether you will be suitable. However if you email them and let them know you are on your way and tell them what you are looking for, then when you get here they will remember you. Getting to know your agent is the best way. Each agent has an area and as they are all franchises, they stay within those areas. If you need more info and tips please pm.

All the best, Mel.

• 2 weeks later...